Thread: Problem in running JSP pages in windows XP

Problem in running JSP pages in windows XP

Hi,
    I am student, I am doing web based project, in that project I use JSP as server pages and SQL 2000 fo database. But the I am no able to run java server pages on my computer, my computer is not a server but I want to treat my computer as server for running these pages. In my computer I use Windows XP and I thing in Windows XP I can change my computer as server. But the problem is I am not doing this before and I don’t know how to make my computer as server. So can anyone assist me how to run JSP pages in windows XP?

Re: Problem in running JSP pages in windows XP

I tell how to run JSP pages on your local machine, for running JSP pages we have to make our computer as server for that you have to installed Tomcat Server 6.0 use using this you can make your computer as server using this you can run your JSP pages in your system. Use following steps for running JSP pages
    • Locate your Tomcat directory. In Tomcat folder you get webapps folder in that folder you installed your entire project files. Assuming you install your project in C:\Tomcat\webapps\ this folder. In this directory you make new JSP files.
    • Assume your project in “testpro”, now your project path is C:\Tomcat\webapps\testpro and in “testpro” folder you installed your all project files.
    • Then run your index page or main html page.

Installing Tomcat server on the windows machine for that you have to take help from Windows installer. This easy to installed Tomcat server this is similar that other wizard based installers Tomcat server will be installed as a Windows XP without any matter, all the setting done by the checkbox on the component page if you set setup as a AUTO then Tomcat is automatically started when Windows starts.
    • Tomcat installer needs the JAVA_HOME environment variable to make a setup path of JRE.
    • There is no need to run Tomcat server when you start your machine it will automatically run even no need to when choosing to run Tomcat at the end of installation.
    • Installer crates the shortcut icon for starting and configuring the TOMCAT.

Java Server Pages is a Sun Micros product and this is platform independent so there is no problem if you use Java Server Pages on Window XP. Then Java Server Pages is use for making dynamic HTML pages. Using Java Server Pages we can present our data dynamically, and also we use Java Server Pages for making data base connectivity, for making data base connectivity in JAVA we use JDBC.

For running your web base application with the JSP then you have to store all the files in the root directory because if you not store your project in the root directory then your virtual server not able to find the JSP pages in localhost. And by default java run on 8080 localhost port. But for that you have to