Thread: Password with Installer class

Password with Installer class

Hi there,

Here i am once again with the another query. I am having problem regarding set up. I added the text box to use with the password in user interface. The dialog contain two text boxes one is for the password and another for the confirmation of the same. Now the problem is how to check password that password are same or it is different from each other. If the password is not same then a message will pass to the user or continue with the process..

Thanks in advance......

Re: Password with Installer class

Hey dude,

Its not big issue to resolve your query because i have the same problem some days before and i sorted out the same with the help of knowledge gained from some of the forum. All you need to do is to compare both the text boxes with each other. If it is matched then the process will continue and if its not then stop the process till the time user does not type the both the password exactly same.
    Code:
    if (textbox1.Text == textbox2.Text)
        {//start set up}
    else
        {//stop set up}

Hey,

I am not getting you properly but still i am posting this reply and i am sure that your are looking for the same. You have two textbox on the user interface to display the password detail. So do one this bind the SelectedIndexChanged event and check the box SelectedItem count. Make sure it does not have zero value. If the value is one then display password is confirmed and if it not then display the 2nd text box with error.

Thank you

Hi there,

I am having the same issue which i sorted out with some of the method which i am discussing with you i hope you will like the idea. For validating the text boxes you need RequiredFieldValidator or instead of that CustomVadlidator. The CustomVadlidator are useful when one of the text box is not empty to validate the textbox

Say thanks if you like the idea

Even i have some thing to share with you. below is the code to compare the two text boxes. All you need to do is to use this control in you program to compare the two text box. It will definitely help you to resolve you problem.

All the best

Code:
     ControlToValidate="Enter first text box ID "
     ControlToCompare="Enter second text box ID"