Thread: client side framework failed to load ASP.NET ajax

client side framework failed to load ASP.NET ajax

Hello,

I am running a website which receives the following error whenever I run it:

"ASP.NET ajax client side framework failed to load"

I am using .NET 3.5 and have the Ajax toolkit installed (the correct version).

I have already checked my web.config file and everything looks good (correct sections, handlers, ....). I also checked whether my scriptmanager is correctly placed and it is placed directly under my form-tag in the masterpage, so it can't e any higher in the page. I also added scriptmanagerproxies on my contentpages. I tried different things with the toolkitscriptmanager in different places, but none of them worked.

We are working with other developers and they can run the website on their pc's with the same configuration (IIS 5.1, ASP.NET 3.5, Ajax Toolkit, Windows XP Pro) Another thing that I have noticed is that when I use SSL the error dissapears. Which is is quite strange I think. Obviously this is not a viable solution as I don't want to put my entire web site under SSL.

Does anyone know anything else that I can check?

Re: client side framework failed to load ASP.NET ajax

I am not sure. The client is supposed to be responsible for the server, and I am not sure what requirements we gave them. I will check. I thought about this myself. Can you explain how that works? Obviously there are client-side components for AJAX, do the webiste do some sort of check and if they're missing it installs them? So if everyone who our site is working fine for had previously gone to a ASP.NET AJAX driven site they would have gotten them there and now our site just happens to work. But for this other guy, maybe he's never visited a site to get them from and our site is giving them to him either? Is that assumption along the correctly line.

I suspect that the reason for this error is that your site is not Ajax Enabled on deployment server. Please verify this (check web.config for handlers/modules - "ScriptModule" etc.) Or please check IIS configuration for Httpmodules.

Could you please elaborate a little bit more on the issue you are facing. The error actually shows that the MS AJAX framework failed to load and not our RadAjax directly (RadAjax Prometheus is based on MS AJAX).
    Could you please verify if the error appears, if you remove the Telerik controls from the page and use only AjaxUpdatePanel for example.
    We suspect that the reason for this error is that your site is not Ajax Enabled. Please verify this (check web.config for handlers/modules etc.) and if this is the cause of this issue check the following link, which should helps you in this matter.
    http://blogs.msdn.com/webdevtools/ar...-ajax-1-0.aspx

No actaully your mistake is that ASP.NET AJAX is SERVER side not CLIENT side. The client does NOT need to install anything.
    The sys. error is becasue there server does not have AJAX installed. The only thing which the client need is to have jacascript enables BUT in your case it is a server problem. ASP.NET AJAX MUST be installed on the server where IIS is installed.