Thread: .net runtime event log error 0

.net runtime event log error 0

I think some recent changes has screwed the server stability. I using SBS 2003 server. I need some help here. There was some problem with WSUS. So I removed it. I was thinking to re-install the same later on. But after removal there is a constant error on the screen. The error is - .net runtime event log error 0. I am not able to get rid of the same. I need some help here. Does this error will be fixed by removing or re-installing .net.

RE: .net runtime event log error 0

Try to re-install WSUS and then see whether the error is resolved or not. It is weird that you remove WSUS and you are facing a dot net error on the screen. You can perform a windows update once to check out the pending update and then check the same again. The problem can also be due to read and write permission which you will need to re-verify the same again. There are some hotfix available on the web that you can download and get rid of the error.

Can anyone provide me the direct link of the hotfix. I tried to find out the same on windows update. I am not able to find the same. I am getting exactly the same error and not able to get a resolution for the same. I had contacted microsoft tech support but they are not responding on the same. I got the error while removing some old application. I removed a number of programs and do not know which one cause the issue. It will be better if some one can provide direct link of the same.

Did you tried to install .net manually. That means downloading that from web and then installing it directly. I think you must try that and check out. It would work fine. The problem is also related to some bug in registry. When you remove a application some instances are left behind due to which you get the error. You will need to go in the registry and get rid of application entry created. I hope a registry cleaner can work on the same. You can use that on your risk.

What is the issue that you are facing with WSUS. You must provide the detail information here. On that basis there can people who can help you. You can go in Event log and there you can find a detailed information on the error that you are facing. Just post the description here and done. The problem will be resolved.

I get the same AutoApprove.exe error on my SBS server. There doesn't seem to be answers on the internet regarding this problem. I tried the solutions talked about in this thread to no avail. If any of you have found the answer to this issue please let me know!

thanks

Tasks

Just look at your scheduled tasks on your server. There must be something like autoapprove.exe. Delete the task and ok

I had this same issue.

There is a task scheduled to run autoapprove.exe every 1 hour. I deleted this task and the problem was solved. My Windows Update options were "un-greyed" as well.

sorry for the really late reply, but you were exactly correct. there was a scheduled task for that program.I never even thought to look there.