Thread: Sony Cybershot DSC W230 is asking me to turn OFF and ON the power

Sony Cybershot DSC W230 is asking me to turn OFF and ON the power

I have brought the new Sony camera which is the Sony Cybershot DSC W230. It is very nice handy and easy to use. I have taken several photos and also videos. But when I try to try to capture a photo which by zooming it to more than 1.5X, then it always displays an error message saying that “turn off the power and then turn on again”. I have also tried to make the manual settings through the menu but it was of no use. Anyone knows how to fix this issue? It is only happening when I do zooming.

Re: Sony Cybershot DSC W230 is asking me to turn OFF and ON the power

I have not heard about any such issues earlier. I don’t know exactly how come zooming makes you to turn off you and turn on your camera. I think that, you might have changed some zooming settings from the menu. So, first kindly check that you have not made any wrong settings in the zooming option. If you are not facing the same problem with the other functions of the camera then probably there must be needed to change the settings of the zooming option properly.

I am having my Sony Cybershot DSC-H2 which is also having the same issue as you mentioned about the zooming. Everything in my camera is working perfectly except the zooming. After few time I get the message saying that I need to turn off the power off and then turn on the power. So I have done it again and again but it asks me every time to do the same. So I do not know how to solve this issue for the zoom.

Is it the problem that you are facing right from the day of purchase? If no then there must be some changes in the zooming option in your camera. And if you are having the problem right from the day of purchase, then I think you should contact the Sony support to solve your issue. When I had some problem with my camera, I told about my issue with the camera to them and they solved my problem as soon as possible, they reply to your queries very fast.

This is what the issue that I was also facing. I had tried to manually change all the settings that are possible but again and again it was giving me the same message. So I had done some search on the google and did not any perfect solution for it. So lastly I contacted the Sony support about the issue. They informed that there is some mechanical problem in the camera with the zoom. They have mentioned that there mechanism of zoom was not proper to operate. So they told me to get it fixed by taking it to the service center where the technician will fix the zoom motor drive.

I am greatly appreciating to all of them with all your responses and suggestions. I have seen and found that I have not made any manual changes in the zooming option. So as you said me to inform about this to the Sony support, I called them and they said that it is a technical problem. They told me to take the camera to the service center where they will get it repaired.