Thread: How to set the photo size in Sony Cybershot DSC W170?

How to set the photo size in Sony Cybershot DSC W170?

I am having the Sony Cybershot DSC W170 which I brought last month. Whenever I take a picture it is showing perfect but afterwords I need to crop my image. I don’t know what the setting for it is. I am not able to find out how to set the camera settings to take a picture at the ratio of 4” by 6”. And whenever I crop the image I lost the pixels from top and bottom of the image. Are there any settings that I can make to get a correct image?

Re: How to set the photo size in Sony Cybershot DSC W170?

The default setting you are having with your Sony Cybershot DSC W170 is the 10 mega pixels, which means it is in the size of A3 of 13 by 19”. If you need a smaller image size then you to crop the image by which you may lose the entire image. So if you require an image of size 4 by 6” then you need to change the settings to the 3 mega pixel. To do this you need to go to the display by pressing the up arrow. There you will see many options. On the third option you will see the image size option, in that select the 3M option for image size.

Image is made of pixels, which are in the form of small dots. If you want good image then you need a more number of pixels. There is no difference that you will come to find when you are taking an image but you will find when you are displaying it through the computer screen or if you are printing it. So you can change the image size by changing the setting which is in the form of pixels in the camera. So if you need smaller size image then you must make the pixels to lower settings.

There not a much difficulty in setting the image size. You need to go to the menu option and from there you must select the image size option. Once you see the image size potion change the size that you require. I think you need to change it to the 3:2 size as you said. If you have the3:2 image size then you won’t require cropping your image for printing or displaying it in the screen. So better use this option and let me know about the image size.

As someone mentioned earlier that you can go to the menu and change the settings, so try doing it in the same way. But if you find any problem in going to the image settings option then you can refer to your user manual that had come with your camera. You can find the image selection guide from page 23 of your user manual where you will find image size option. So you can do it if you are able to understand the instructions properly.