Thread: Motorola R2D2 Droid 2 won’t show voicemail notifications

Motorola R2D2 Droid 2 won’t show voicemail notifications

Hey guys, I recently got Motorola R2D2 Droid 2 mobile phone for myself and it is running Android 2.2 Froyo Operating System in it. Recently I have noticed that it is not showing any notifications for the voicemails which I receive in my mobile phone. Because of this issue in my mobile, I have missed many interviews and meetings with my friends. Does anyone know what might be causing the issue with my Motorola R2D2 Droid 2 mobile phone? Please help me find the issue and solve it.

Re: Motorola R2D2 Droid 2 won’t show voicemail notifications

I am not sure about the issue but it might be causing for some temporary reasons. So, I would you to do the following and check out whether the issue gets fixed or not. The only thing you need to do is Switch off your mobile phone completely. Once you have turned off the device, remove the battery of the mobile for atleast a minute or so. Reinsert the battery and the cover and restart the mobile by starting it up. Once you mobile phone starts up completely, try for the voice mail notifications.

According to me you should try to start your Motorola R2D2 Droid 2 mobile phone in Safe Mode and then check whether you are receiving the Voice mail notifications now or not. If you are able to receive the voice mail notifications while starting up the mobile phone in Safe Mode, then I strongly feel that the problem might be occurring because of the use of some Thrid Party apps in your mobile. So, you will have to find the main culprit, the app and uninstall the following from your mobile phone.

Thank you, guys for posting your quality suggestions. I really appreciate your assistance on this issue. I performed the very first suggestions as it was mentioned, but it doesn’t seem to be working for me. And about the second post, I did not tried it as I did not knew how to start my Motorola R2D2 Droid 2 mobile phone in safe mode. If anyone could explain me the procedure to start the mobile in Safe mode, then it would be very much appreciated. Any other suggestions will also be appreciated.

In order to start your Motorola R2D2 Droid 2 mobile phone in safe mode, what you need to do is first power down/switch of your mobile phone. Now extend the physical keyboard which is provided with the mobile phone and press and hold the "ok" button and the power on button at the same time. Once you have completed the following, your mobile will start up in safe mode. This will be displayed in the lower left side of your mobile’s screen.

As your Motorola R2D2 Droid 2 mobile phone is running Android 2.2 Froyo OS in it, you can search for some Android apps which will make it possible for your to achieve the output which you wish to get. There are many Notification/reminder solutions available in the Android market. You can visit the Android Market from your Motorola mobile phone and search for the same there. If you wish, you can get any paid app which will make things possible for you, or else you can try on the free version of the apps available there.

I have been using this particular app called Easy Reminder for giving me notifications about the missed calls. For home screen alternative I would recommend you to use the GO Launcher EX app. Once you have got the following launcher you can also install the Go Launcher EX Notification app which will be giving you a visual representation of your calls, texts etc. You can also try the Go SMS Pro for text messages. GO Contacts is one app which I would prefer over normal dialer. The best feature is that they all are free.