Thread: How can i update contacts in Xperia X2

How can i update contacts in Xperia X2

I have recently purchased a Sony ericsson xperia x2 mobile phone. The phone looks fine is working well. I have a problem, that i am not able to edit all the contacts on my mobile phone. I have created the contact already on the phone, but not able to edit all of them. How can solve this problem on my mobile phone. Any one having knowledge about this one please help me out.

Re: How can i update contacts in Xperia X2

I am providing you a solution for you. First open the Contacts on the mobile and now mark any one contact or open that one. Now a pop will open up ,in that pop up you will find the edit option on the top. If you are not able to see any edit menu, then try to tab the empty space where the menu should be. I feel that it will work for you. If it works then definitely there is problem in the phone registry. Now you will require to re install the software again.

I have tried what you said. There is no edit option in the contact menu. When i go to the edit menu option from the favorite contact, in this i get the option of adding all the info and when i select the given option , it gives me the permission only those items which are already present. Even i have updated the software, but not able to solve the issue. Suggest some other solution.

Now you should try out this things. First open the contacts in the mobile, then open the menu which is resent at bottom of the screen. As you will select the one a popup will open up which will consist of the edit tab. Now you need to tab the block at the place where you want to change the info. This is the place where you can edit the existing info or want to add more info. Now tab on the info which you would like to change, you will be able to see edit popup on the screen.

I have a solution for you. Click on the contact menu with the stylus you are having and a menu will appear on the screen. Now will require to click on 'copy to contact' to the contacts. As you do this you will be able to edit it by clicking on the contact name. After you do that you will get a menu to add info, notes etc. Hope this will solve your problem.
    Last edited by Brunoz; 01-10-2010 at 06:04 PM.

Thanks for the post given by Brunoz. I refereed to your post and tried to follow it. I was able to solve my issue by referring your post. Now i am able to edit my all the existing contact in my phone. I feel that even other should try this solution, if you are having the same problem with your mobile phone. That was a great help for me, as i was very much frustrated with the problem.