Thread: Microphone trouble on C902

Microphone trouble on C902

I am having a lot of trouble with the Sony Ericsson C902. I do not know what the real reason behind this is but I want to know the exact reason behind this. I have problem with its microphone. I realized this when for the first time I tried calling one of my colleagues. I was able to hear their voice, but they told me that they were not able to hear mine. Now I do not know what I can do about this. Is there anything that you all can suggest me so that you can help me?

Re: Microphone trouble on C902

I can, at this moment, suggest you only one thing, try to update the software of the mobile so that if it is a software issue then it will get rectified. I have found many of the people complaining about the Sony Ericsson mobile pieces that are coming in the market. Please download the updates from the official website of the Sony Ericsson. Also while downloading take care of the version of the mobile that you are downloading for. Hope you will get it rectified in a small amount of time.
    In The Absence Of Light
    Darkness Prevail's

I am also facing the similar situation with the Sony Ericsson C902. At first I tried all the basic diagnosis that could be possible, and then at last I went for the replacement. I got the mobile replaced. It was working well for about one month, but after that it showed the same problem again. I have to keep the speaker on so that I can talk with the person properly. Luckily this time the speaker worked for me, but I do not want to talk with everyone by keeping the speakers on. Please help me.

Thanks a lot Bon-Z, I will try the updates for the mobile today, and will post you soon when I get success or come across any further errors. I do not know but is there a way to test the mic? Also are there two mics in the phone? Can anyone here tell if this is true? If yes can anyone tell me how I should proceed with this so that I can see if really the culprit is the mic. By the way thanks for the response.

As far as I know and I am pretty sure that there is only one microphone in the phone. Right now I am also not aware if there is a way to check the microphone of the mobile. All that I can tell you right now is to go for the updates. I would like to ask you what weird thing you did that caused you this problem. Did you download any updates for the mobile that caused you this? If yes then please uninstall those updates and download and install the proper version of the software. I think this will really solve the issue.

I am also in total agreement with what Pugsly said. I even think that there is no way by which you can check the microphone in simple manner. Please check for the updates. If at all the new updates do not run in your favor then I think you can go for the RESET. First try the SOFT RESET and if it does not work then you can try for the HARD RESET. I am sure that this will solve the problem in your case. Please do this only when the updates do not solve the problem.

I think the best option will be to go for the replacement of the mobile. If your mobile phone is under warranty then I think it will be nice if you let the tech support deal with this kind of problem. Also they will replace the Microphone if there will be any problem with it. Also please tell them to update all the software so that you can use the mobile in the future without any issues, and flawlessly. Happy to help always.