Thread: Sony Ericsson G705 firmware needed

Sony Ericsson G705 firmware needed

I have Sony Ericsson G705 mobile phone with me and I would like to upgrade the firmware of this mobile to get latest features added to this mobile by the company but I am unable to get it anywhere. I did a Google search but the sites I am getting is not a trusted one and so I don't want to take the risk. Could you provide me some trusted source or from a site where some people have already tried it and didn't had any problems? Please help me!

Re: Sony Ericsson G705 firmware needed

Did you checked it with Sony Ericsson website? You should be able to get it over there. If it isn't there then the company might not have launched any new updates for your mobile phone. Also remember that this is not at all free. You will be charged to download the firmware by the service provider but charges would be just for the amount of file that you will be downloading.

Rather than fetching the firmware manually on Sony Ericsson website, you can even use Sony-Ericsson Update Service software that will automatically serach for the latest firmware for you on the manufacturer's site. If it is available then you will get an option to upgrade it. Don't worry, its easy. You can do that with any problem. Just follow the instructions.
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"

If you want some addons from your mobile then you can even flash your mobile. Its very simple, you just require some tools to download. This will get the latest firmware from the manufacturer of the mobile phone and install it on your phone irrespective of the mobile model that you are having. Although this is similar to hacking to your own mobile but if the firmware is from the manufacturer itself then you can trust it and move further. Even I have done the same thing with my mobile phone. Just give it a try.

Thanks for the reply. But Wiro, doesn't this involve any risk factor, I think the hacking is a pretty hard thing and I may loose everything if something goes wrong. I am really scared of doing so. I would prefer just an official firmware upgrade from the company rather than tweaking myself my mobile phone which may void my warranty resulting me into a complete lost.

Yeah, that's true that you will definitely void your warranty but when it comes to Sony Ericsson, the mobile phone lasts longer than its warranty. So you can tweak your mobile phone at any time once you have passed the warranty period. Talking about the risk, life is complete about risk and the risk is never counted when it comes to functionality that you will get if you debrand your mobile. You can take the backup of the firmware and data before flashing the mobile so that if at any point of time anything goes wrong you can resume your previous version as it was before.