Thread: Sony Blu Ray Player problem

Sony Blu Ray Player problem

I'm having a Sony Blu Ray Player. Recently i had installed the drive, plugged in the SATA power connector from my PSU, and connected the drive to the motherboard. The problem manifests itself during the boot process where only a small window of the video is visible in the center of the screen. when I put a disc in (even a DVD) the blue LED on the drive flashes but the dvd wont play! when i try to open it in My Computer it normally just crashes my PC. Can any one tell me why i'm having such Sony Blu ray player problems? Any one knows about it? Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Re: Sony Blu Ray Player problem

Seems like an overly-complex and time-consuming activity that isn't necessary. Why not just reboot it IF it freezes? he “loading” graphic continues to play over the three trailers and then when the film menu screen eventually appears, the remote will not activate the “play” option. Eventually the player reboots after playing the menu option graphics repeatedly.

So did you install the most recent drivers for your SATA controller? If you are having problems with Crank 2, check the back of your Blu-ray player and if a memory slot exists, add the appropriate memory. My motherboard had two SATA controllers on it. I happened to plug my drive into the one I didn't install. Even though it was recognized in the BIOS, it wouldn't load any content. After installing the controller's drivers, the drive worked perfectly.

I think you should visit the official Sony website and then try to update your driver. You also need an Internet connection to perform the appropriate update. I had similar repsonse when comp was toast and had to reinstall everything from beginning, once I had downloaded updated firmware & uninstalled AnyDVD, it worked and runs great.