Thread: Wanna perform Hard Reset on my Windows Mobile

Wanna perform Hard Reset on my Windows Mobile

Hi,,

I have a very short query here. I am a Windows Mobile user that is almost 1 year old and is creating some problem for me. Actually i have loaded many third party applications that are making it to get freeze when i try to dial any numbers or using it keypad. So i want to do a Hard Reset of the device. Could you guys please make me know how can i perform hard reset on my Windows Mobile? Thanks in advance.

Re: Wanna perform Hard Reset on my Windows Mobile

Well, Performing hard reset depends on the model of the device. However, i am not a Windows Mobile user but i guess there are several models that came under Windows Mobile. So you must have mentioned your Device's model too.

Anyways, here i am mentioning the steps for some of the mobiles, just choose here and go through the steps:-

• Touch - Hard reset is done by holding the green and red buttons and then pressing the small button beside the USB plug

• Motorola Q9c - Power on holding the center button and it will ask you if you want to hard reset..

• Mogul – Hold soft keys while pressing reset button on the side

• Blackjack - Just power on holding up on the DPad and it will ask if you want to erase all data. Press 1 to erase and y to confirm

• Cingular 3125 – Go to Accessories in the Start menu and select Clear Storage. If you can’t access the menu turn off the phone, and hold both soft keys while powering on.

• Dash – Turn off the phone. While holding both soft keys press the power button and hold for about two seconds, then let it go. When the confirmation message comes up you can release the soft buttons.

I am sorry guys for the inconvenience. I really forgot to mention the model. Anyways, its HTC Diamond.

And thanks for the steps that you have given for other devices. Please let me know the steps for my device that is HTC Diamond.

With the phone on, hold volume down and the round key, then press the soft reset button on the back of the phone. A message will appear asking to press volume up to do a hard reset.

There is one more easy way to restore factory settings and it is the common way for almost every windows mobile.Many phones have a "Clear Storage" or some other master reset application in the Accessories folder under Start menu. To perform this open Settings from the menu and select the System tab. you can find here option for Clear Storage.All you need to do is enter 1234 and press Yes.Thats it !!