Thread: How can i perform hard reset on Palm TX

How can i perform hard reset on Palm TX

One of my cousin is having Palm TX Mobile phone from last 1 year. From last couple of days, it is creating some problems like just get rebooted automatically, some times get freezes up,etc.. So the best solution i think is to do a hard reset of the Palm TX. Do you guys have any idea of doing so ? Also please let me know if any thing else can do to fix the problems. Thank you !!

Re: How can i perform hard reset on Palm TX

Well, i have never used Palm TX but i know the process of doing a Hard Reset. Before doing that you must know that it will erase everything on your device. All your data will be removed, and formats, preferences and other settings are restored to their factory default settings. Don't perform a hard reset unless you've backed up your data, or you're willing to lose everything.Here is how to perform Hard reset on Palm TX:-

1. Remove the battery cover.

2. Press and hold the Power (on/off) button on your device.

3. While holding the Power button, take out the battery and put it back in.

4. If you see a progress bar, keep holding the Power button.

5. Next, the Palm Powered screen will appear. Release the Power button when you see it.

6. You'll see a screen that asks: Erase all data? YES = "up" button NO = any other button. Press UP on your 5-way navigator to complete the hard reset.

You must have mention the model number as well because the resetting process differs with the removable batteries and other phones. Well, if you have Palm TX with removable batteries than perform the process mentioned in the above post and if others than go through this:-

• Press and hold the Power (on/off) button on the front panel of your device.

• While holding Power, use an unfolded paper clip, or the reset tool at the tip of your stylus. Gently press and release the RESET button inside the hole on the back panel of your device.

• If you see a progress bar, keep holding the Power button.

• Next, the Palm Powered screen will appear. Release the Power button when you see it.

• You'll see a screen that asks: Erase all data? YES = "up" button NO = any other button. Press UP on your 5-way navigator to complete the hard reset.

Before hard resetting your TX, try to removing or deleting DTG Ver 10 first if possible.Hold Power button on Top of Palm down,then tap and release the tiny "Reset" button in the back of the unit.Palm logo comes on screen and progress bar at the bottom of screen completes.On some devices, you may see a Palm or palmOne logo and a progress bar first. Do not release the Power button until the second, circular Palm Powered logo appears.