Go Back   TechArena Community > Hardware > Portable Devices
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 11-08-2009

Cannot view folders in pen drive

Hello friends,
I am facing big problem with my pen drive. I have 4 GB kingston pen drive. I saved some important data on that. When i tried to access those folders, it failed to open. I have windows XP on my computer. Can someone help?

Thank you all for any reply.
Old 11-08-2009

Re: Cannot view folders in pen drive

Pen drives instantly get infected with viruses as you use it with many computers. So i suggests you to scan your drive before accessing it. And DON'T use autorun when opening it. Autorun is most common virus of pen drives. Update your antivirus and scan your whole system. Then try to open it again.
Old 11-08-2009

You can try Pen drive data recovery software if your drive is not accessible. It is non-destructive and read only utility designed to recover deleted, formatted or missing files and folders even from logically crashed, corrupted or formatted pen drive storage media. It safely retrieves files including text documents, videos, images, pictures, digital music etc from pen drive mass storage media.
Old 11-08-2009

It is possible that the folders are protected and need password or something like that to access it. Check the status or properties of the folders you are accessing. Have a look at following threads for some help on protection stuff:
How to Protect USB Drive Against Formatting and Deletion of Data?
How can i encrypt my pen drive

TechArena Community > Hardware > Portable Devices
Tags: , , , ,