Go Back   TechArena Community > Hardware > Portable Devices
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 04-06-2009

Heavy duty batteries for digital cameras

Hi,

I want to buy a new batteries for my camera, Right now i am using non rechargeable batteries. I am planning to buy "Heavy-Duty" batteries. but my friend told me not to buy Heavy duty batteries. now i am confused between The rechargeable alkaline batteries and Heavy duty batteries, which one is best ?

Thank you
Old 04-06-2009

Re: Heavy duty batteries for digital cameras

Dont buy any heavy duty batteries, Heavy Duty is the economical choice for low drain devices or devices that you use infrequently. it is good for the products like Remote controls, Clocks, Flashlights.
Old 04-06-2009

Go with either NiMH and Lithium Rechargeable Batteries for your your digital camera. Heavy duty batteries dies soon and they are not durable as compare to NiMH and Lithium Rechargeable Batteries. Low Discharge NiMH Batteries retain their charged capacity even after 6 or 12 months of storage Average 90% of Charged Capacity retained after 6 months.
Old 04-06-2009

Non-rechargeable batteries are good, it acts as a emergency backup, but if you want to buy batteries for your camera then alkaline batteries are the best for you. you can also buy an NiMH rechargeable, but the only disadvantage they have is they self-discharge 1%-2% everyday. You will not face such issues with alkaline batteries.

TechArena Community > Hardware > Portable Devices
Tags: