Thread: How to install Games on Sony ericsson S710

How to install Games on Sony ericsson S710

hi

I am having Sony Ericsson S710 mobile phone in that i tried to install games but didn't work. It give me error while installing. Can anyone tell me how to install game on S710 ?

Thanks

Re: How to install Games on Sony ericsson S710

Java games can be downloaded from the internet as .jar files. Sometimes however, they come in winzip compressed files (.zip), or even winrar files. Some websites compress games using either Winzip or Winrar. It is to important determine whether you need to uncompress these files before attempting to install them onto the phone, by right clicking on them and selecting "unzip" or "extract here".

Installing games using the Bluetooth file manager

Make sure Bluetooth is switched on, and double click this application to open it. It should look something like this:

If your phone is paired with your pc, it should appear as an icon in the white area. If not, click Search for devices in range, making sure your phones Bluetooth is on and discoverable. When you have found your phone, double click its on to view its services. We need the OBEX File Transfer, so double click it, and you should see something like this if your phone has a Memory Stick. If it does, double click the Phone Memory icon. If your phone does not have a Memory Stick you'll automatically see something like this. It is here that you need to copy the game file to. Simply highlight the game file on your pc, right click on it, select copy. In the window illustrated above, click paste. The game file will be copied to this area.

Installing games using Infra-Red

Make sure that if your pc has an infra-red port it is turned on. You can do this by checking in the control panel ( Start / Control Panel ) or by checking the infra-red communication icon in the system tray ( bottom right corner of your desktop next to the clock ). Now make sure your phone's infra-red is turned on. Go to MENU / CONNECTIVITIY / INFRA RED PORT. Make sure both the computers and phones infra-red ports are pointing at each other, unobstructed with a direct line of sight within around 10cm or less. Now, on the game file you want to install, right click on it, and select " Send to / infra red recipient". The game or application will be sent to the phone, and installed automatically in the games folder. If this does not work, and the game is installed in the Others folder, skip to Installing with a file manager or USB cable.