Thread: Life of a digital camera

Life of a digital camera

I bought a camera Canon Powershot S1,,,,it is 4 years ago.

I tried to take a picture today, impossible, I see nothing in sight except a small glimmer in the corner of the screen. I changed the batteries (just to see), put the memory card in another camera, the card worked well. Is it possible that my camera is "capout?

By against, I can see the pictures that are on the memory card, the unit turns on and off smoothly, the flash is functional.

What is the average lifespan of a digital camera you.

Re: Life of a digital camera

I entered a serial number of my unit and got the following message:

I strongly advise you to approach with CANON you the number to contact and push! not a single entry in an impersonal system!

There were others before you, .. and it seems that this problem is recognized as a manufacturing defect and Canon accepts free repair regardless of warranty!

My father always said: They can tell you two things .. .. NO ... YES OR

That's what you do see

Opinion Survey service: CCD image sensor (updated 31 October 2006) Response
    This advice service is an update of the notice of service on the CCD image sensor published by Canon Canada Inc. October 6 2005.

It was reported that the CCD image sensor from a supplier and used in some cameras and Canon digital video camcorders may cause the following failure: when using the product when recording or reading, and LCD ( or) the electronic viewfinder may show a distorted image or no image display. Although this failure has been rarely reported in Canada, we have found that can occur if the product is exposed to hot and humid environments.

Advice on other products affected:
    Following our investigation continues on this malfunction, we determined that the 11 models listed below, in addition to the 14 models listed in the notice of service of 6 October 2005 regarding this malfunction may be affected.

Affected Products:

- Camcorders: ZR60, ZR65 MC, ZR70 MC, ZR80, ZR85, ZR90, Elura 40 MC, Elura 50
    - Digital Cameras: A60, A70, A75, A300, A310, S230, SD100, SD110, A40 (*), A80 (*), A85 (*), A95 (*), S1 IS (*), S60 (* ), S200 (*), S330 (*), S400 (*), S410 (*), S500 (*)

* Models added 31 October 2006

Malfunction:
    It was confirmed that parts of internal wiring connecting the DCC used in affected products may be out, especially if the affected products are stored or used under conditions of temperature and humidity. If this occurs, the signal normally not out of the DCC in shooting mode, which can cause a distorted image or no image can give. This malfunction can be confirmed on the LCD monitor during shooting, as well as the recorded image.

Canon's response:
    As of now, and whatever the status of warranty, Canon will repair free of charge any product mentioned above with the failure mentioned earlier, if Canon determines that it is caused by the CCD image sensor.

Canadian residents should contact the Customer Information Canon for assistance at 1-800-OK CANON. The center is open Monday to Friday from 9 am to 20 pm (EST). If you prefer email support, please click on Contact Us above to send an email.

This information is for residents of Canada only. If you do not live in Canada, please contact the customer support Canon in your area.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause you and we appreciate your understanding. We appreciate your support and your interest in Canon products.