Thread: Photo of alleged 'brick'-based MacBook Pro emerges

Photo of alleged 'brick'-based MacBook Pro emerges

A photo originating on a Chinese website and making the rounds on the Web this afternoon resembles descriptions of Apple's next-generation MacBook Pro, which is expected share design similarities with the company's MacBook Air and aluminum iMacs.

The photo depicts what could be the left-hand side of a 15- or 17-inch MacBook Pro with a new speaker grill design and keyboard cutout that matches the one already employed by the company's 13-inch MacBook Air.

This would appear to conform with expectations that both Apple's new MacBook and MacBook Pro would borrow design cues from the most recent iMacs and MacBook Air.

noted both the FireWire 400 port and 28-pin DVI-I (Dual Link) port both appeared to be missing on the next-generation MacBook Pro, with the latter being replaced with what appeared to be a mini-DVI port.

The bottom of the casing is clearly missing from the latest photo, though a photo (below) of both the top and bottom of the next-generation 15-inch MacBook shell, authenticated by people familiar with the new systems, surfaced back in July.

AppleInsider also recently received an anonymous report that Apple was actively manufacturing new MacBook Pros that included between "2000 and 3000 micro-perfed holes for the speakers." Production is said to have been underway for quite some time, though last minute glitches have reportedly caused some minor setbacks, the source said. The grill description matches the latest photo.

[ appleinside ]

MacBook Brick Cases Photos leaked

Yesterday we reported that a new announcement of new MacBook next Tuesday becomes less likely. Just in time photos surfaced that are supposed to show cases of the new MacBook and MacBook Pro made with the new rumored Brick manufacturing.
    The shown alleged MacBook cases featuring top and the sides in a single piece. Only the bottom is missing. The cases look pretty real, at least these for the MacBook. I cannot see though how this case design would have any dramatic advantage to notebook cases of other manufacturers.
    The MacBook photos got leaked on Taiwanese blog Apple.Pro. The MacBook Pro photo leaked on Chinese forum and posted on a MacRumors forum.

I really liked the Macbook Pro keyboard, so I hope that the overall keyboard quality won't go down... I'm a little worried here.