Go Back   TechArena Community > Hardware > Portable Devices
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 19-09-2008

Buffalo MiniStation Shinobi 5mm-thin portable hard-drive

Buffalo just showed us their latest ultra-portable drive, it's called the MiniStation "Shinobi", which means "protector" in Japanese if I remember correctly, Buffalo's generically named Portable HD is actually Samsung inside, but in this case, the same kind used in the MacBook Air, so it's incredibly slim and totally pocketable, about the size of a biz card holder.

The Shinobi look is quite stunning, thanks to the very small size (5mm and 0.2" thick) and the nice black finish. The product photos don't do justice to its size so we shot a few picture of the Shinobi in someone's hand. The drive comes with portable versions (no install required) of Firefox and Thunderbird (email-client) for those who don't want traces of their web-browsing sessions on a guest (or office) computer.

The convenience makes for a low bytes to dollars ratio, though, at $120 for 30GB and $170 for 60GB. Still, I love the design.
Old 19-09-2008

Available in a black finish, the hard drive comes bundled with portable versions (no install required) of Firefox and Thunderbird (email-client)

TechArena Community > Hardware > Portable Devices
Tags: , ,