Poll: Do you own an iPad?

Thread: Do you own an iPad?

Do you own an iPad?

A simple question, do you own an Apple Ipad? If yes then which version exactly? You all know that the iPad is a microcomputer developed by Apple. It has a Touchscreen and has no keyboard, which defines it as a Tablet PC Type slate. It is intended to occupy the vacant niche between MacBook and iPhone.

The iPad is available in six models that differ according to their connectivity and memory. Models Wi-Fi, Between 499 and € 699, Have interfaces Wi-Fi (802.11 a / b / g / n) and Bluetooth 2.1 + EDR.

Models Wi-Fi + 3G Included among them 599 € 799 can connect to networks UMTS/HSDPA (850 MHz, 1900 MHz, 2100 MHz) And GSM/EDGE (850 MHz, 900 MHz, 1800 MHz, 1900 MHz). Models WiFi + 3G are not locked, as the iPhone.

The applications of iPad closely resemble the iPhone, they have just been adapted to large-format screen and its applications Compass, Weather, Stock, calculator and voice recorder have been suppressed because their format was not adaptable to than the screen of the iPad (for example, it would be unpleasant to use a calculator on a large screen). The iPad will not integrate the Camera application because it does not have a photo cell. Among the software installed by default, include the browser Safari, Mail, Photos, Video, YouTube, iPod, iTunes, AppStore, Plans, Notes, Calendar and Contacts.

At the first day of marketing, 300,000 copies were sold of the iPad. A week later, 500,000 and one million more than one month after launch.

Re: Do you own an iPad?

I own an iPad 3g only. Actually both models are identical except for the black plastic part that serves to hide the antenna located on the edge of the top of the iPad 3G. For the rest, this tablet is naturally swift and responsive web browsing than the iPhone - which is technically normal. So if one is comparing both models they will hardly notice any difference.

The iPad is penalized by its price, lack of Flash, Webcam, or multitasking, but it also advances a model for emerging market shelves. The playback quality of the videos on iPad depend on the source. In the case of a Youtube video it reproduces low quality and due to all this reason I have not bought it.

I also own a 3g + wifi model of the Ipad. What I liked about the Ipad was its accessories. Inside the box, one finds the iPad, USB cable, the outlet (U.S. format in my case), and also a minimalist user guide. I would have also liked if apple provided some more stuffs like protection case, small cloth to clean the screen, etc but we rather have to purchase it. Apple also shows its commitment to green manufacturer by offering the user manual for download on its website, which is a good point.