TATA Photon+ vs Idea Net Setter vs Reliance Netconnect

Polls & Voting

Poll: Which is the Best USB Modem?
Poll Options
Which is the Best USB Modem?

Old 23-12-2009

TATA Photon+ vs Idea Net Setter vs Reliance Netconnect

Hi guys,

I'm going to purchase one of the usb modem soon, i dont have any past experience of using any wireless usb mode. I want your advice for which one i should go, although as mention in title TATA Photon+ , Idea Net Setter ,Reliance Netconnect all of this three having different prices and speed of internet. I want the reliable one which gives me more stable connectivity and works more stable. Please give me your valuable advice, and more suggestion rather than this 3 are also welcome. Many many Thanks.

Old 23-12-2009

Re: TATA Photon+ vs Idea Net Setter vs Reliance Netconnect

Have a look at following threads:

Tata Indicom Photon Vs Reliance Netconnect Broadband in Mumbai
Tata Indicom Photon+ Reviews!

What we think, we become (Please don't think you are a superhero and don't try to fly)

"SUCCESS IS NOT A DESTINATION , IT'S A JOURNEY"
Old 23-12-2009

I also need to buy one usb modem, yesterday i went o TATA photon+ shop and i asked the details , they don't have any unlimited plan, at the most they will give you 10Gb monthly access for 1250 RS per month. I was shocked that they don't have any unlimited plan, i went to Mumbai (malad) TATA branch. I don't know about other places, i also know about Airtel USB modem but its too much costly they charge 900 RS per month for unlimited access but airtel is not the reliable one, because of their poor service.
Old 23-12-2009

Till now none of the usb modem services in india are upto the requirement, i'll suggest you to go for some wired broadband service like hathway in mumbai. Whats your location? Better is go for cable net rather going for USB mode, ya if you are frequent traveler and need to access internet frequent on your laptop then buy one, i'll suggest go for Airtel one only, little costly but will give you stable connection.
Old 23-12-2009

Reliance Netconnect is good one, i'm using it, when i started it first time i canít believe that it can go upto the download speed of fixed 2mbps. But tis nt available everywhere India,as of now this service is available in few metro cities only.
Old 17-03-2010

can u tell me what wld b thr dwnld speed in amrisar
Old 18-03-2010
djjagu

my vote for TAT Photon this for chip price
Old 18-06-2010
signupindia

Best one is idea net setter, it is fast also cheap(Unlimited plan for 600 rs)
Download transfer rate - 40 kbps and above in torrent(In their demo it crosses 60 kbps)

But Best of best is Aircel Sim in Idea Netsetter, only 98 rs per month

unlocking is simple and one click
Old 30-11-2010

TATA Photon+ IS THE BEST!
Old 18-05-2011

Idea Net Setter is the best, the device is cheap,unlimited access with 98 RS only, you get more speed so what more you need??
Old 18-07-2011

bsnl broadband for home pc ...cheap,use wifi with phone or laptop
Old 28-04-2012

IdeaNetsetter is one of the worse I found. I do not understand the issue but in prepaid this work like hell. I tried a lot of option to make this work and even called the customer care. What I found better is Tata Photon+ which worked well. It is not too good but fine for basic working. Like for surfing or for mail check. I tried to find some accelerator to boost my internet connectivity but this all stuff does not work on this modems.
Old 02-05-2012

I think the technology still not upgraded in the section of usb modems. Till yet Reliance and Tata are good. It depends on the network coverage. If the coverage is lower or if you do not have much tower in your area you might face connectivity issue. There is nothing you can do here. The most customer care will do is replace the modem and give a new one. 3G is also not in budget in wifi connectivity.
Old 06-05-2013

i vote TATA Photon, there are no reason, just like it.

TechArena Community > Technology > Polls & Voting
Tags: , , , , ,