Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Restart loop after overclocking

Overclocking & Computer Modification

Old 01-04-2009

Restart loop after overclocking

Hey guys, I have a problem with my computer.
I just bought a new cpu p4 3.0 Northwood 800 FSB, I clocked it to 3.3, the idle is around 36-37 degrees in the hot load is around 44-48, I have a Zalman 7000b, so cooling is not the problem. The problem is that when I clock it to 3.3 so it runs fine until it tries to load the desktop, ie it runs those highlights that says Windows xp bla bla bla, but once it is finished with it, it loads the desktop and then restart it.

I've locked my agp so it is not so. I am open to suggestions!
Thank you in advance, and if you have the slightest idea of what it might be, please write!

Old 01-04-2009

Re: Restart loop after overclocking

Have you remembered to give the CPU a little extra volts when you have overclocked 0.3 GHz up. You can do this in the BIOS. But remember that it must all have up to 1.7 volts.

1.6 Volt White sounds reasonable. Or am I totally wrong on that?
Perhaps you have done it already, but whatever.

But is pretty sure that it will solve your problem if you have not already done so of course. Join straight back and say whether you have done and / or if it works.
Old 01-04-2009

Re: Restart loop after overclocking

And remember to turn the handle an extra game!
- No, seriously, you can run the risk that you just above the ceiling of what your CPU can make. There is probably a reason that not all CPUs get to 3.4 GHz.

Try it as SUpER CoP suggest but remember that no guarantee is given that it works.

TechArena Community > Hardware > Overclocking & Computer Modification
Tags: , , , , , , ,