Go Back   TechArena Community > Hardware > Overclocking & Computer Modification
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 08-01-2009

Where is the bottleneck in my system

I would like to press a little more performance out of my system, but where it's best to start? I have bought a new GPU cooler, the old noise, so there will be enough opportunity to overclock graphics card even more.
At the same time around it could be that the CPU cooler should be changed in order to make room for a little overclock. My computer is most commonly used for physical simulations and games, and browsing, etc.
Old 08-01-2009

Re: Where is the bottleneck in my system

The bottleneck will be hot for your RAM, I guess. Mostly heated.
Old 08-01-2009

With a better CPU cooler load the cpu to reach 4Ghz, it is your RAM modules, as a minimum will be involved with. I myself have an E7200 which trills 4Ghz clock stable.
Old 08-01-2009

Are your RAM 4x1 or 2x2 GB?
In order for more than 2 sticks, you can get problems with overclock not stable, or as high as you normally can with 2 sticks.
Old 08-01-2009

My RAM is 2x2 GB.
Which RAM would be better to switch to and how fast I could run them?
What CPU and GPU cooler would you recommend? It must be very much like some are not noisy.

lorenz: running through your 400x10, what is the VCore?
Old 08-01-2009

Mine is a E7200, multiply at 9.5, and then running with a FSB at 425Mhz.
Vcore I can not remember offhand, but I should like to check when I'm home again.

In my opinion, it can not pay to change your ram out. It is not inconceivable you could pull a few hundred more MHz out of the CPU with faster RAM, but it would hardly be worth the extra costs. My cpu is not 100% stable at 4Ghz unless you really give it "a bucket of coal" and then run at the temperature very fast riot.
Old 08-01-2009

So do I just ordered the XIGMATEK. It looks like something that could pull the motherboard into pieces due to the high weight, it's something I should worry about?

I have no intention to get over 4 GHz, but 3.5 would be nice. Shall see when the game completes. Before you overclocked, was the second to be done, in addition to disable Speed Step and C1E?
Old 08-01-2009

No, weight is no problem as long as you just take account of when you may need to move your machine. Many running their machine with even heavier coolers and they have no problems with weight.
Old 08-01-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by FenceeII View Post
Before you overclocked, was the second to be done, in addition to disable Speed Step and C1E?
That you do not need to turn off, I have no problems using the power-saving features though my cpu is overclcoked.

TechArena Community > Hardware > Overclocking & Computer Modification
Tags: