Thread: PC Crashed by heat

PC Crashed by heat

I discovered that my CPU is too hot. First, I could see that in the BIOS, where the temperature is gradually rising, then I could see it after I had installed Speedfan. Again, I clearly see in the chart that the temperature rises as I go to work.

Even when I started with a Game Grid: Racing game or Call of Duty 4 / 5 the image freezes after about 3 minutes of play and so does the PC. What is clear to me is that the CPU is not cool.

So normally, I can game for a while done with the case open and a normal room fan mode 3 is right to have put. This works fine and the temperature graph flicks like crazy in Speedfan, BIOS. meanwhile, I still keep looking at sites all over for a solution.

(I was already somewhere on a site that said might be the voltage of the CPU was too high).

.. Until this afternoon while I played 'Grid' a pretty hard game and the room fan on the highest state had the PC froze and hang again. Since I get cold on the range, my PC is too hot and possibly damaged.

I use a:
    - AMD Phenom X4 9950 Black Edition Processor 2.6 GHz - Socket AM2 + with supplied Fan
    - Kingston HyperX Memory (2 x 1 GB) DIMM 240-pin DDR2 1066 MHz / PC2-8500 - CL5 2.2 V
    - ASRock K10N78hSLI-GLAN - Motherboard - ATX - GeForce 8200 - Socket AM2 + - UDMA133, Serial ATA-300 (RAID)
    - Nvidia Gforce 9800GTX + graphics adapter - GF 9800 GTX + - PCI Express 2.0 x16 - 512 MB GDDR3

Hopefully someone has a solution or a tip!

Re: PC Crashed by heat

I do not know how to make it cooler by default? And that is good for?
    There was already cold paste or did you get that done, or left behind paths?

If you just upload a photo of the cooler itself, can be judged by whether they can handle or not.

-Do you have the latest BIOS version put out? Could be that if there is an older bios version up, this processor is not fully recognized.
    -2nd option is the bios reset once, maybe a setting that is not good or something.
    -3rd option is to check whether the processor is on the motherboard, or the cooler is good, and then even check thermal paste. Normally, for standard coolers, there is already a layer of paste, but otherwise you have to wipe it out and that is fresh experience.

Personally I am not a fan of ASROCK boards. Post may be the idle and stressed temperatures processor, motherboard and video card.
    And specify the brand and type of SMPS.

Are the fans installed correctly? And they run at good speed? This can be known by checking in your bios. In my opinion, such a standard around the fan or turning 2000rpm.

You should look at the voltage. I have an intel cpu, and do not know how it is compared to an AMD CPU, but my q6600 course always stable at 1.3V.

Also what kind of PSU you use. Broke sharing PCs have often blamed that a power supply is too weak.

PS: @ 3rd option: The cooler can be wrong. Use cold paste. But please note, not too much!

Tweaking the bios is not supported in that cpu, and a BIOS reset will also not help. I think you gotta go see if your CPU cooler fits well on your CPU.

Cool and Quiet just off anyway. Boot to Windows, get a program like Prime95 and real temp to see what the temperatures are. If it is too high then something is wrong with your cooling.

Detail list of Overclocking / Benchmarking software