Thread: Booting issue in Windows 7

sad Booting issue in Windows 7

Hello guys,

I have my new laptop installed with Windows 7 home premium. Yesterday I was trying to partition my hard disk using the pre installed Disk management tool in windows 7. I was unable to do so due to some errors (something like maximum partition reached). I was then fiddling around a bit with it in hope to get it going but I think I unfortunately and unwisely changed the "active partition". I remember I had 4 partitions on my hard disk (as I got from the OEMs) one of 200mb another of 650 gb in which windows is installed then one is 29 mb and the last is 14 mb.

The 200mb one was the active partition and it contained the Bootmgr files. I changed the active partition to the 650gb one and now I can not start my computer as I get the following error after POST:

BOOTMGR is missing
    Press Ctrl+Alt+Del to restart
    Please let me know how can I fix this. I have the recovery option but I am not sure if the recoverable image is new i.e. I am worried that all my installed programs will be lost if I use this option as it will use the default and pre-installed factory image. Please help me guys.

Also I do not have the Windows 7 cd but I do have bootable ubuntu dvd through which I am able to access the 200mb partition and see the files but I do not know what to change to get Windows running again.

Any help would be appreciated guys!

Thanks,
    Awaiting your replies
    aryan

Re: Booting issue in Windows 7

Hello please go though the following link. i am sure you will get the perfect solution for your query. still if you are having any issue then post back here will try to solve your query.

Boot Problem in Windows 7 x64 bit
    7Customizer Boot Problem in Windows 7
    Fix windows 7 issue on booting
    BOOTMGR is missing after Windows 7
    BOOTMGR is missing in Windows 7 x64 by using LILO

Quote Originally Posted by Jezriah View Post
    Hello please go though the following link. i am sure you will get the perfect solution for your query. still if you are having any issue then post back here will try to solve your query.

Boot Problem in Windows 7 x64 bit
    7Customizer Boot Problem in Windows 7
    Fix windows 7 issue on booting
    BOOTMGR is missing after Windows 7
    BOOTMGR is missing in Windows 7 x64 by using LILO
    Hello, Thank you for your reply. Yes I have seen the above threads but my issue is very specific. I know what has exactly caused the BOOTMGR missing error.

Also, I do not have the windows 7 dvd with me. I just got the software pre installed.

Please read my post and tell me if I can fix this through any other way.

Thanks,

OK........you can use Gparted in Ubuntu to reset and correct the boot flag.....easy 2 min solution!

I don't know the otherway but this is much more easier with the help of Windows 7 bootable disc. You accidentally destroyed Windows bootloader. This file is responsible to load the operating system. Via Windows disc you just need to click on startup repair to rebuild the bootloader by going in repair your computer option. OR else run the command prompt and run this following command :
    Bootrec.exe /FixMbr
    Bootrec.exe /FixBoot
    Bootrec.exe /ScanOs
    Bootrec.exe /RebuildB
    cd