Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Boot Problem in Windows 7 x64 bit

Operating Systems

Old 08-01-2010

Boot Problem in Windows 7 x64 bit

Okay know this problem sounds very weird, don't know why all weird things are happening with me.
I installed Windows 7 x64 Ultimate version. And there was no problem during its installation.
But then as I said a weird thing happened. I Rebooted my computer for the first time after its installation which it normally does and is mandatory also to configure the system. And I was not able to Log in. It stayed on that Blue Windows Page where it has Windows logo at the center. There were no taskbar or any icons on the screen.
But I can log in through Safe Mode and not in Normal Mode. It comes on that screen and freezes.

Old 08-01-2010

Re: Boot Problem in Windows 7 x64 bit

Well I don't think this is any Hardware issue. So over here we need to concentrate on Software. Because Freezing and getting stuck at log on screen points to some software issue or Windows related problem or maybe some Application issue as well.
Make sure that the disc which you are using is proper. It can be an driver issue also of your chipset or IDE/SATA controllers.
Because it freezes as it doesn't get some dll files to continue with the next process. So I doubt it is surely some issue with the disc which you are using.
Or have you installed a pre-modded or slipstreamed ISO, if yes then get another clean and new one.
Old 08-01-2010

Yes that's right, as mentioned in the post above this, there may be some issue with the dll files. You need to get a clean retail version, the one which you are using must be damaged and there may be some dll files missing because of which it is not able to complete its process.
Try it out and it should work fine.
Old 08-01-2010

Thanks a lot for replying and showing concern in my issue.
Well but I don't think there is any issue with the version, it is good because everyone else are using it and there are no complains at all.
And as I had issues with Windows 7 so I got Windows Vista and installed it. And there were no issues with the installation process. Everything went fine. And I was able to restart my system (which it does for the first time after completing the installation) and was able to log on also. So it didn't freeze or stuck at any point. So I don't know why it is creating problem with Windows 7. Is there any compatibility issue.
Any more suggestions please.
Old 08-01-2010

Hey as mentioned before it might be a bad ISO or some software that is not working fine now.
Try to login to Safe mode and then go in command prompt and manually remove the directory's, clean reg with regclean.
Also check the events view, and see if any errors are shown in your previous boots.

TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Tags: , , , ,