Thread: OS X Lion (10.7) I am able to access Conceptronic NAS ( CH3HNAS ) however can't open any folder

OS X Lion (10.7) I am able to access Conceptronic NAS ( CH3HNAS ) however can't open any folder

I have recently installed the OS X Lion 10.7 and notice the I a little problem on it with the NAS

Mostly the majority people was not able to mount or access the NAS. My issue is dissimilar as I be able to access it however I am not capable to open any folders on my Conceptronic model CH3HNAS. I am trying to login by means of 2 separate accounts that is the default 'admin' and a personal one together with admin privileges although I can just see the first level of folders, I can't open one of them. It gives the prompt message the folder cannot open you I don't have permission to see the contents.

I already have email Conceptronic, about this problem and will post the solution but In the meanwhile anybody know how can I reinstate right of entry to the folders? Any command line activities

Thanks in advance

Re: OS X Lion (10.7) I am able to access Conceptronic NAS ( CH3HNAS ) however can't open any folder

Quote Originally Posted by aILKE View Post
    I have recently installed the OS X Lion 10.7 and notice the I a little problem on it with the NAS

Mostly the majority people was not able to mount or access the NAS. My issue is dissimilar as I be able to access it however I am not capable to open any folders on my Conceptronic model CH3HNAS. I am trying to login by means of 2 separate accounts that is the default 'admin' and a personal one together with admin privileges although I can just see the first level of folders, I can't open one of them. It gives the prompt message the folder cannot open you I don't have permission to see the contents.

I already have email Conceptronic, about this problem and will post the solution but In the meanwhile anybody know how can I reinstate right of entry to the folders? Any command line activities

Thanks in advance
    In OS X Lion, Apple changed to DHX2 verification inside its Net talk 2.2. That has made users trying to back up or right of entry files with Time mechanism on the affect NAS devices which make use of an older edition of Net talk not capable to do so, and has incited error at the time as trying to admission files. Firmware update from your NAS supplier may solve this problem.

I hope this assist

Re: OS X Lion (10.7) I am able to access Conceptronic NAS ( CH3HNAS ) however can't open any folder

Even I am also experiencing the similar issue here. Please allow me be acquainted by means of if you’ll get an answers. What about Samba I having the same permissions using smb protocol. Can you please help me on this issue I would be very glad

It appear to be OS X 10.7 Lion Server get rid of the previously pack open source Samba software and replace it with Apple's own tools for Windows file sharing and network directory services. The fresh substitute for Samba I believe it's SMBX , and supports Microsoft's newer SMB2 edition of its proprietary although candidly published protocol.

The edition of Samba Apple had been by means of not permitted Macs from flawlessly operational with modern PCs operation Windows 7, which contain safety changes in how encryptions protocols work. Apple's own software won't be forced by the plan restriction of Samba.

last part users might possibly obtain Samba on their own and combine it into their Mac OS X surroundings themselves, but Samba does not at present provide ready to use binaries for Mac OS X, and a pure port of Samba would lack Apple's simple to use consumer interface and firm combination with other Apple software, in addition to Open Directory.

That the common problem I guess I have the similar issue, I have a Verbatim NAS. I am able to acquire into the first folder, but not any others. Does anyone else having the same problem what is the solution for this one I would be very glad

I had the same problem and also placed the complain about this to Conceptronic and the replied

To switch on “DHCAST128″ support and then please does the following:

1) go to Launch --> Applications -->Utilities -->Terminal and then sudo chmod o+w -->Library-->Preferences defaults write --> Library --> Preferences --> com.apple.AppleShareClient afp_host_prefs_version -int 1
    After you do all this just restart your computer.
    2) next step is with the help of Finder, choose an AFP server, or make use of “Connect To…”. This will reason the AFP Client to make the full preferences file
    3) open Terminal once more and do an then sudo defaults write --> Library --> Preferences --> com.apple.AppleShareClient afp_disabled_uams -array “Cleartxt Passwrd” “MS2.0″ “2-Way Randnum exchange”
    sudo chmod o-w /Library/Preferences
    Now again just restart your computer.

PS : To put in a “DHCAST128″ to the put out of action list, use
    sudo defaults write /Library/Preferences/com.apple.AppleShareClient afp_disabled_uams -array-add “DHCAST128″
    Not working to me so I quit and use WinXP under Lion via Virtual box to right of entry my NAS. Works as it should.

A trouble appear to be Finder its self . I can connect to my NAS with Acer Aspire Easystore with roughly each app apart from finder. For file right to use I now use mucommander. I almost certainly have to wait for a answer from Apple, because I do not anticipate a firmware update for this old NAS.

OK I found a free and easy solution. Since a lot of people say they are able to access your NAS using other applications in the Finder, I decided to find a free Lion compatible File Manager to use instead of the Finder. I found muCommander just google it you will also fide it and does work well. All I did was click on the highlighted button below, go to "bonjour" and select my NAS. I was asked for my username and password, and voila, it works well. I continue to search for everyday use and just load muCommander when I access the NAS. At least now I have to start my WinXP virtual machine fairer access.

Hope that helps everyone.

There may be a little possibility to get it working using funplug This can work for older NAS similar to our Acer Easystore. I am research how to do it, at the instant and will report back if I achieve something.