Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Blue Screen of Death on XP

Operating Systems

Old 04-07-2011

Blue Screen of Death on XP

Hello eveyone,

Recently I installed some Windows Updates for my XP Media Center and since then I have not been able to do anything on my tower. These updates were from June 14th, or the week of. I restarted my computer after they installed and my desktop was frozen. I rebooted the computer in safe mode to do a virus scan and after 10 minutes it froze too.

I called Microsoft in which they walked me through three system restores because the first two froze and then I was able to use my PC for a few hours until it froze and since then I cannot load my desktop or safe mode. Microsoft sent me an installation disc of XP Professional and when I try to install and get the Stop: 0x0000008E message.

I have no idea what this message is about outside of it's a RAM/Driver error, in which I have no idea what to do with because I don't have any internet access on my tower because of everything freezing. My questions are if this is something Windows Update can cause and do I have any options in hopes of saving my tower? I, like an idiot, forgot to back up 25GB of music and photos and would really like to get them off of there.

Old 04-07-2011

Re: Blue Screen of Death on XP

Below are some threads that you can refer and try out. BSOD has number of causes. The error is mostly related to some graphic driver issue. For the same when you run a fresh installation try to boot back in safe mode and then run drivers installation. There can be a faulty hardware in your system. Remove graphic card if you have any on your board and connect your monitor directly to the motherboard vga panel. Then try back.

BSOD in Windows XP

Windows XP Crash Blue Screen

A "STOP: 0x0000008E" error message occurs when you change the hardware acceleration setting

TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Tags: , , , ,