Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Right-clicking in OS shell causes Explorer crash and restart

Operating Systems

Old 29-07-2010

Right-clicking in OS shell causes Explorer crash and restart

I am using windows 7 operating system i am having a weird problem with it whenever i right click any item including a folder , library, shortcut in the start menu. The explorer crashes frequently which in turns display a new message box which shows a progress bar. This problem disappears on its own after a fixed interval of time then it reapear again after few minutes. what is going on i just cannot understand. Anybody has any ideas please help

Old 29-07-2010

Re: Right-clicking in OS shell causes Explorer crash and restart

Do you have any error messages? No messages, we can help you. Feel free to post errors here.The most important: the appname and modname which are given when you see the error report. However, this may be spyware which also affects explorer.exe (They are not intended as Internet Explorer). So first of all try to install an antispyware and scan it this should help you.
Old 29-07-2010

To resolve this problem, follow this method :
  • Click Start -> Run
  • Type regedit and then click OK to
  • Expand the tree in the upper left by clicking on the + while following this path:
    • HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT \ Directory \ Background \ shellex \ ContextMenuHandlers
  • Several subkeys appear in ContextMenuHandlers (00nView, New and NvCplDesktopContext)
  • It is the red box on the image (here, the key is not to remove)
  • We must remove the key 00nView: Right click on 00nView> Delete
  • After deleting this key, you get the results of the second picture)
  • Close the Registry, and if necessary, restart the PC.
Old 29-07-2010

Frequently my windows explorer crashes, particularly when external usb hdd is connected. it is not even possible to transfer my documents to external hdd for example, or conversely, that it displays the contents of the ext hdd and it returns to the left window of Explorer, this one is farm, the desktop icons disappear (not the wallpaper) and then a few seconds after respawn, but not the browser window.
Old 29-07-2010

You can resolve this problem by creating a .Reg file and stick the following 5 lines then run the file as administrator.

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[-HKEY_CURRENT_USER \ Software \ Classes \ Wow6432Node \ Local Settings \ Software \ Microsoft \ Windows \ Shell]
[-HKEY_CURRENT_USER \ Software \ Classes \ Local Settings \ Software \ Microsoft \ Windows \ Shell]
[-HKEY_CURRENT_USER \ Software \ Microsoft \ Windows \ Shell \ BagMRU]
[-HKEY_CURRENT_USER \ Software \ Microsoft \ Windows \ Shell \ Bags]
Old 30-07-2010

Nothing serious, it's a bug, this problem occurs when you customize folders. you can easily resolve this problem by clicking Folder Options then selecting View tab and click Reset Folders. But the next change folder view it will happen again. The above solution is more stable but if you are not comfortabl playing with the registry then this is for you.
Old 31-07-2010

I had the same problem as soon as I installed Shareaza, has noted that when I deactivated the shareaza the freeze bug goes away, I turned it on and I installed limewire shareaza and surprised to see that the bug has returned lime wire transfer and re-freeze over surprise over bug but the solution seems to me even when very strange, in my opinion when I was downloading I was overheating the CPU that caused the freezes but hey it's not very clear to me all this.

TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Tags: , , , , ,