Thread: Vista Error message Oxc01a001d

Vista Error message Oxc01a001d

Hello everyone,

2 days ago, Windows Update informs me that he must install a major update, the SP1 pack . I downloaded the thing, installed it all through the windows software. the following message: Oxc01a001d! and remains stuck on the file 28948/100386.

Since I had tried everything beautiful I could not restart my computer . I tried safe mode (which does not) and all the menu options of repair (including System Restore to an earlier point that turned into space for several hours) . Nothing works except the command prompt but I have no idea what I could do with it, then I do something with it? And of course I have not made a recent backup of my files.

I ask my question, unless one of you knows how to repair vista anyway, I have the Restore CD from Toshiba only would mean losing all my documents. So is there way to save on an external hard drive or a USB some files from my computer? And without access to the office? Thank you so much for taking the time to read my problem and if one of you at the slightest indication to me that would be really really super nice!

Re: Vista Error message Oxc01a001d

Hello and welcome

The Instructions for doing this is Recover data from Live CD
    http://forums.techarena.in/security-virus/1283836.htm

In fact Ubundu I downloaded and burned onto a disc. Then I put in my computer and through F12 I could select the drive and run it. Page Ubuntu was launched and then call the language I choose. I arrive in the main menu, where you can choose to install, test memory and other ... I select the first option (run without modifying the PC or qqchose like that). Only after I did not see the desktop or Ubuntu loading bar, opens a black page with white writing on it. From the time of arrest records to accumulate and it seems no longer have any load anything. I can not do anything, no escape, nor any option and the only way to return to the main Ubuntu menu and do a forced shutdown of the computer by pressing the stop button. Does someone has an idea to fight against it?

Yes when you arrive on the screen, just make "Enter", it launches Ubuntu "live" by default. I am afraid that this is related to the initial problem. Is this you can start over and look a little closer to the first "white lines", stp? ? does not speak of failure of something and if so, what?

If it does not work he will probably have to download the Vista Repair Console which is not present on your DVD manufacturer that gives a chance to repair without losing the data, as is the case with the recovery disk.

It seems that some corrupted.So how your Vista system file if you've got the Vista Recovery CD then simply use that to restore the breakthrough and it will solve this problem. if not, you can borrow from a friend.