Thread: Recover data from Live CD

Recover data from Live CD

My windows is corrupted. The thing I know is that I can recover my data by using Windows live cd. But I had never used it before for the purpose. Does anyone is familiar with this. How can I use Live CD to recover my critical data. I have got one from my friend. I need some steps to use this thing.

Re: Recover data from Live CD

For those who do not know what a Live CD, here is a little definition. A Live CD GNU / Linux is a CD-ROM (or DVD, USB key) that can boot an operating system, in general GNU / Linux. You then get a desktop GNU / Linux is ready for use WITHOUT any changes on your computer is effected. That is, if Windows is installed on your computer, you start a Windows CD without being affected! Once you leave the office, you can start your computer as you usually do to try GNU / Linux without having to change its system, Windows to retrieve data from a problem in Windows and GNU/Linux in operations (maintenance, network) using tools available under the GNU / Linux .

It is simple to use Live CD. Just insert it and boot from it. Insert it into the CD drive and restart the computer. You get the menu below, if this is not the case and your computer starts even though the CD is in drive. Press the enter key on your keyboard to start the boot. A black screen appears with entries. This step may take several minutes so be patient and do not touch anything. Once the office. You can then close the office for full screen. Some icons on the left vertically arranged and the taskbar at the bottom.

The K button is equivalent to the Windows Start menu, you can start applications by clicking. Recover your data from a CD Live. Recover your data from a Live CD. In the list of icons, you will find an icon for Chaunce partitions on your hard drive. Here a single partition hard drive mentioned [hda1] equivalent of the C drive in Windows.f you have a D partition under Windows, you need a hard drive icon. It is quiet easy to use the cd.