Thread: Impossible to boot on Windows 7

Impossible to boot on Windows 7

I just installed Windows 7, cleanly, with reformatting the disk partition. Basically my computer is new. But that's impossible to start on Windows 7. I have to put the install DVD (not booting from it) in the drive for the computer boot Windows 7. This is the single system with no multiboot. I had this problem with the beta, but I myself had no more pre-occupied with it, putting it on the back of the beta not finalized. Does anybody know why I can not boot the system? Why it works when the install DVD is in drive?

I also discovered that the boot was installed on the IDE drive and not SATA on which Windows 7 is installed. Result: If I unplug the IDE, Windows 7 is unbootable. The DVD Repair does not detect the Windows 7 partition. It does so only when the IDE drive is connected.

Is there a way to correct this problem, so I can boot without the IDE drive?

Re: Impossible to boot on Windows 7

Is the bootmanager installed on the first drive? It depends on the configuration of your BIOS and your motherboard. You can optionally disconnect your IDE HDD during the install.

Have you tried Bootrec.exe tool? (only the SATA drive connected of course)

Try to use the Bootrec.exe tool in the Windows Recovery Environment (Windows RE) to troubleshoot and repair the following items in Windows 7:

- A master boot record (MBR)
    - A boot sector
    - A Boot Configuration Data (BCD) store

Note When you are troubleshooting startup issues by using the Windows RE, you should first try the Startup Repair option in the System Recovery Options dialog box. If the Startup Repair option does not resolve the issue, or if you must troubleshoot more steps manually, use the Bootrec.exe tool.

Disconnect your second hard disk (the data), and use the CD / DVD to repair your Windows installation. It should fix the MBR and boot files.

Then ensure you're using the system disk before the data disk to start your PC (just well set the boot order).

At worst you can just reinstall Windows on your system disk, without touching the data.

For the second solution, I stumbled on to the time when I wrote the subject.
    And I tested last night, it would surely work. But no, as I said, the DVD does not detect the installation if the IDE drive is not plugged. On installation, it is made, and it is impossible to repeat (an impossibility due to the time it takes, and problems synchronizing external devices, which have been heavy enough to solve first). I'll test the method bootrec, hoping that it works with Windows 7.