Thread: Wintv Schedular error in Windows 7

Wintv Schedular error in Windows 7

I've got this 1 problem trying to install the scheduler for my wintv hvr 1600. The problem error message I could copied down, as it was very lengthy but it happens while installation. I have search everywhere for this solution then download its new driver and make then enabled with the application but the error message continuous to emerge, how do I eliminate this problem, Please help.

Re: Wintv Schedular error in Windows 7

I've ruled out my firewall, as I tried to stream over my (wired) LAN after reading a few more KB articles. You may download the driver for this from here and you will get the installation steps here:

Windows Media Center Kit driver version 1.4

• Download this file.
    • Unzip it to a directory which you will remember (suggestion: wintv).
    • Run Setup.EXE from this directory
    • Click Install drivers. This will uninstall the old driver, and install the new drivers.

Before doing as you ask, I'm going to double check to ensure that McAfee isn't the culprit. When asked at install time (or just after when orb first kicked in) I told McAfee to allow.

I have the same problem. Windows MCE runs perfectly (with Vista). When I first installed Win TV and the scheduler. Try finding a way to update the .dll, you can't just download a newer version and try to replace it, it gives you the error:

"Cannot create or replace OLEAUT32: The specified file is being used by Windows."

but if you find a way to stop windows from using it so that you can replace it, I have also got the following error :-"It appears that some Beyond TV services were left running in an abnormal state and need to be cleaned up. Would you like to :- a) Terminate and restart all services b) Connect to and repair the existing services c) Terminate all services and exit. I selected (a) but it doesn't fix anything. I get the same "Service Repaired" message for PVSSchedulerService.

If you had previously installed WinTV, it is suggested you run HCWClear.EXE from the file downloaded above. I found a way to get wintv scheduler to work and not use MCE scheduler, I would suggest you to verify and make sure that no other 3rd-party PVR application is running on your system tray (e.g. WinTV Scheduler) and then try again. Open Set Program Access and Defaults, After running HCWClear, reboot your PC. Open Custom and scroll down to Choose a default media player, Uncheck everything except Windows Media Player, you may have to reboot and then, if you want, you can use wintv's scheduler instead of being forced to use MCE's and it works.