Thread: vista 32-bit windows mail cannot open or save any attachments

vista 32-bit windows mail cannot open or save any attachments

I am not sure when this problem started, as I rarely used my lap top to open up emails. I need to use it now. In the begining I was able to open attachments. I can no longer open or save them. It does not matter what type of attachment it is. My Anti virus is stopsign. I have already unchecked the security tab in windows mail that blocked attachments. No error comes up. I have read through the other tags none offer a solution. When ever I click on an attachment nothing happens.

Re: vista 32-bit windows mail cannot open or save any attachments

Thanks for the thread tags. I have spent quite some time over the last few days reading them, looking for a solution. So far nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by michael334 View Post
    I am not sure when this problem started, as I rarely used my lap top to open up emails. I need to use it now. In the begining I was able to open attachments. I can no longer open or save them. It does not matter what type of attachment it is. My Anti virus is stopsign. I have already unchecked the security tab in windows mail that blocked attachments. No error comes up. I have read through the other tags none offer a solution. When ever I click on an attachment nothing happens.
    Micheal. I have now got a similar problem with some more symptoms. Can you download files from the internet successfully? I can't. But I can create files locally. The machine errored the first time aying that there was not enough disk space (20Gb of 60Gb free). 2Gb RAM. Now in the middle of the worlds longest defrag....

Bizzarely if I try to download to a memory stick as the destinaton, a temp file is created on C: and then the destination does not receive a download file. It does on another machine.