Thread: Sharepoint Manage Permissions

Sharepoint Manage Permissions

I have one document in my D drive which i need to apply unique permissions to a folder. I did that by given only 2 people access to it. Then for test i send like to my one friend (in office ) to whom i have not given access too. but it is not visible to him. If i send a direct link, He can click on this an get into the folder ?

Is there any problem ?

Re: Sharepoint Manage Permissions

Create a permission level
    • On the Site Actions menu, click Site Settings.
    • On the Site Settings page, in the Users and Permissions section, click Advanced permissions.
    • If the Settings menu is not available, select Manage Permissions of Parent from the Actions menu. Otherwise, skip to step 4
    • The Settings menu is not available on the Permissions page if your site is inheriting permissions from its parent site.
    • On the Permissions page, on the Settings menu, click Permission Levels.
    • On the Permission Levels page, click Add a Permission Level.
    • On the Add a Permission Level page, in the Name and Description section, type a name and optionally a description.
    • In the Permissions section, select the permissions you want to associate with this permission level.
    • After you have made your changes, click Submit.

Re: Sharepoint Manage Permissions

View users and SharePoint groups associated with a list or library

• Open the list or library in which you want to view users and SharePoint groups.
    • On the Settings menu, click Document Library Settings or List Settings.
    • On the Customize page, in the Permissions and Management column, click Permissions for this document library or Permissions for this list.

View users and SharePoint groups associated with a folder, document, or list item

• Open the list or library which contains the folders, document, or list item for which you want to view users and SharePoint groups.
    • Rest the pointer on the folder, document, or list item for which you want to view permissions, click the arrow that appears, and then click Manage Permissions.