Thread: Atikmdag crash on Vista

Atikmdag crash on Vista

Here I have a problem with my Hd 4870 and which says The display driver no longer atikmdag The problem is that I have this problem with another machine with a completely different HD3850.i got the latest drivers on 2 machines . Apparently many people have this problem and I want to know if there is a solution.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Re: Atikmdag crash on Vista

I have had all that with ATI (everywhere including in hidden folders) then I have done as to install the 9.1 except that instead of install I have clicked on uninstall and then reboot the computer after I have reinstalled the 9.1 (with all pubs) also check this link for more information and help
    ATIKMDAG stopped responding in vista
    atikmdag error message/computer freeze.

I had the Atikmdag crash problem with a Radeon HD 4870 and I realized it was overclock: putting the parameters in the CCC everything is in order! In fact, I checked the box that allows overclocking and I put the two sliders to the minimum (500 & 750): As do I, even slightly, it replies! For the fan, I left it in automatic (box unchecked).

Try reformatting and reinstalling Windows, if the problem persists is that it is material, a first order like that, would be the ram (or ram slot on the motherboard) or the graphics card I had the same kind of problem with blue screen...

I had the same problem with my ATI HD 3870 on my new laptop. Despite having the latest certified driver through windows and the manufacturer ASUS I was getting bad system stalls and even crashes with the atikmdag error window appearing.

I uninstalled ATI Catalyst Control Center which contains the atikmdag command and the problem was solved. I have not had a crash since and the graphics on my laptop, even while working in dual screen, look the same as with CCC.

ATI is aware of the problem which is why they allow you to download drivers and Catalyst Control Center seperately.

To uninstall CCC use windows add remove programs, see the ATI website for more details. Uninstalling through windows will not remove the driver, or it didn't for me.

As ATI release new drivers and versions of CCC it would be worth downloading/installing to see if they are any better. But working with the driver alone has been fine for me and is the end of the annoying atikmdag bug.