Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Unable to connect HP dm1-3025dx with Netgear WPN624 router

Networking & Security

Old 12-05-2011

Unable to connect HP dm1-3025dx with Netgear WPN624 router

Recently I purchased a brand new HP Pavilion dm1-3025dx notebook which is running Windows XP OS in it. While entering password it suggests me to enter correct password. Though I have entered the right one, I have two more systems which are connected on the network. They are also responding to the router as well. When I contacted with HP services, they made me communicated to Netgear services. These people told me that the notebook systems works on some different platform than the regular desktops. They are also suggesting me to pay some extra charge of $ 99.95 to make some changes in the settings of my router, so that it will work. Please suggest a proper solution for this.

Old 12-05-2011
Members

Re: Unable to connect HP dm1-3025dx with Netgear WPN624 router

Normally the routers are having flexibly changing setting of number of connections to it. If these settings are not changed accordingly with the numbers of connections, it may allow only the number of systems assigned for connections to that router. So before making some expensive changes please check it out the basic fundamental changes to be done with the router. Because mostly the problems are always at the software level, there are very exceptional cases to be observed at the hardware level. So check it out the settings through the software. Please refer the technical manual for that. To be on the safer side.
Old 12-05-2011

According to my experience the costly manufacturers in the industry makes basic level changes, but they charge much higher for providing service. Due to this the user tries to solve the issues by their own; but this may create problem, which may also cost higher. So in your case I will suggest you that you should take a techno-savvy person as guide with you, who may help you to solve the problem at very fine level, which may not cost you at the branding level.
Old 12-05-2011
Members

Solving network related issue is very hectic job. And your problem seems to be a connectivity or permissions issues. Routers mostly restrict excess of traffic in the network, so that the network can perform faster and without any traffic related bottlenecks, I will suggest you to check out the connection, and permissions or restrictions of the connections before making it a costlier job. Because your problem is very basic and it does not need any much qualified person to solve it. If you are using the router, you may refer the manual and can solve the problem.
Old 12-05-2011

The problems related with the connections are not the issue which needs sudden up gradations. It only needs some kind of smartness of referring the technical manuals and just to make settings in the restrictions assigned to the routers of the number of computers o be connected to the routers. Netgear is amongst the best router manufacturers and they will never fail to keep the updated settings related with the notebook technology. So this is not possible that they have not kept the settings in the router bios up to date. Just make some changes in the restrictions of the connection on the router side and make some changes in the number of connections. To the number whichever you want
Old 12-05-2011

Hardware problem in the networking and specially with the connection is very frequent, no need to make expenses for making sudden changes is a job of a freak. Instead of that if your router is out of warranty just make some changes in the number of connections. Check the connections of the notebook, make the checkups with the settings on both the sides. On the router as well as on the notebook?s side. Then also the problem persist you are free to call the costly technicians from your service-provider. But my steps may help you to save your money.

TechArena Community > Technology > Networking & Security
Tags: , , , ,