Thread: Want to make a wifi network in my house need instructions

Want to make a wifi network in my house need instructions

Hi, I encompass a wifi router. I desire on the way to connect it to a wifi network in the house. Can anyone tell me how do I set up the network as a result I am able to share files between the two computers? I have it hooked up to my desktop computer. I have a net book and desire on the way to connect it to a wifi network in the house. Thanks in advance for any suggestion regarding to this issue.?

Re: Want to make a wifi network in my house need instructions

Wi-Fi (Wireless Fidelity) is a wireless communication technology (without cables - wireless) more widespread. IEEE 802.11 Also known as IEEE 802.11 WLAN or The sub-standard Wi-Fi now more are being exploited in the commercial sector are:

1) 802.11b: - 802.11b:
    • Pioneer in 1999 and is currently the most widespread.
    • Operates in the 2.4 GHz band
    • Reaching a top speed of 11 Mb / sec.

2)802.11g: - 802.11g:
    • Constipation in 2003.
    • Operates in the 2.4 GHz band
    • Reaching a top speed of 54 Mb / sec.

When we buy our Wi-Fi hardware we should look for how substandard it was designed, it serves us no good to have a .11 b Access Point (11 Mb / s) and an accessory .11 g Wi-Fi (54 Mb / s) and that of all ways we will be connecting to 11 Mb / sec.

What do you require on the way to set up a Wi-Fi network at home? The most excellent setting is from a Digital Subscriber Line (DSL) connection by means of router, but be able to also set up a Wi-Fi network at home from other settings (cable, etc.). If you previously have this, you will require: Access Point Wi-Fi. If your PC or laptop does not include WiFi, a necessary than we need this type of connectivity.

Access Point Configuration .How to adjust the parameters depends on the manufacturers, so speak to them generally.

1. Take the AP from the box as well as plug it into the mains by means of the adapter included in the box.

2. Connect the AP to the ADSL router by means of network cable AP cable (also incorporated in box).

Now Install your wireless n/w adapters:

1) Go to start and select "Control Panel"/"Network and Internet Connections"/"Network Connections"

2) Right-click on your wireless router and select "Properties."

3) Click on the "Wireless Networks" tab.

4) Name your ad hoc network connection by clicking the "Add" button beneath "Preferred Networks".

5) Unmark "The key is provided for me automatically" check box
    6) Mark the "This is a computer-to-computer (ad hoc) network; wireless access points are not used" box.

7) Create a 13 digit password and click "OK."

8) Right-click the "Wireless Network" as well as choose "View Available Wireless Networks" on the second PC.

9) select the wireless network that you formed in the preceding steps as well as after that click on the "Connect" button.

10) Now enter in the 13 digit password on the way to connect to your ad hoc network.