Thread: Rule to open port 1723 for VPN server does not work on NIS 2011

Rule to open port 1723 for VPN server does not work on NIS 2011

I am having my Windows XP Home SP3 computer which is set up as a VPN server. Through my previous firewall I had to particularly open port 1723 for VPN connections to be established. I have installed NIS 2011 and it is having its default configuration. It too does not allow VPN connections. I formed a rule for smart firewall to particularly open port 1723 as well as I stimulated the rule to top of list of rules. But still there is no connection. Then I customized the rule underneath 'Communications' heading so that it allows all kind of communication that includes all ports local as well as remote. Through this the only change to the VPN connection on 1723 is established except so is a lot of other traffic that rather beat the object of firewall. If I see the history then it shows that port 1723 is blocked in spite of my rule in anticipation of I open every ports then it demonstrate it as being allowable. Why my rules identify port 1723 not working opening all the ports make the connection. I will be thankful for all suggestions.

Re: Rule to open port 1723 for VPN server does not work on NIS 2011

Welcome to Techarena. Do you be familiar with which executable file is utilized for attempting the VPN connection? It is for all time superior to make use of program control to permit things as a substitute of opening ports in firewall. NIS is normally good regarding knowing which programs require internet access as well as writes program rules for it without human intervention. So if you be familiar with the name of executable then first thing to ensure is in Settings > Network Settings and click Configure next to Program Control within Smart Firewall section. See for executable there and if you found it then set it to "Allow" as a replacement for of Auto. You can also set it to allow if it is not there.

Have you customize the NIS firewall? If you have done that there may be some setting that are changed and causing the problem for you. You need to reset the settings and this can solve the problem for you. If you want to do this then you can go to Settings > Network Settings > Smart Firewall > Advanced Settings. On that page, you will see the option for Firewall Reset, which is there at the right of the page. This will take out all the settings that you have done to it. You should only do this if you have done any changes to it and see if this solves the problem.

Follow the steps below to do the connection.
    1. Click on start and select Connect To and select new connection.
    2. If you are not at present linked to the Internet then Windows offer to connect to internet.
    3. Once your computer is connected to internet then it will ask you for the user name and password. Provide the same. Your network resources should be accessible to you like they are when you connect straight to the network.
    4. Now if you want to disconnect from the VPN then right click on the icon of connection and select disconnect.

There may be some problem with the NIS that is installed in your system. If you have tried all the other possible solutions for this and you are not able to solve the issue then you can try to by reinstalling it. Uninstall the NIS completely from your computer and install it again. If it is not able to solve the issue then you can download the latest release of it and download that to your computer. Reinstalling from a different copy of the setup can solve the problem for you.

nikole95.7 Guest

There may be some problem with the NIS that is installed in your system. If you have tried all the other possible solutions for this and you are not able to solve the issue then you can try to by reinstalling it. Uninstall the NIS completely from your computer and install it again. If it is not able to solve the issue then you can download the latest release of it and download that to your computer. Reinstalling from a different copy of the setup can solve the problem for you.