Thread: Multiple network adapters and TCP Optimizer

Multiple network adapters and TCP Optimizer

I have two internet connections which are as follows:
    • Broadband
    • GPRS via USB cable to mobile phone

The difficulty or the issue I have is that while the first network adapter exhibits in the Network Adapter selection drop down list in TCP Optimizer, the GPRS connection does not show up. So if I wish to optimize the GPRS connection how do I do it? Is there some optional tool which can list and optimize dialup adapters independently?

Re: Multiple network adapters and TCP Optimizer

See in your case I have some suggestion for you. Most of the settings in the TCP Optimizer are worldwide, and apply for all Network Adapters which are present. The just setting that's adapter exact is the MTU value, and you'd just require modifying it if a mistaken value is reported by the Analyzer. I hope this must be helps you; Must try this once.

The program can help both the beginner and the superior user in tweaking correlated TCP/IP parameters in the Windows Registry, assembly it simple to tune your system to the sort of Internet connection used. The tool uses higher algorithms, and the bandwidth setback product to locate the top most TCP Window for your precise connection speed. It offers for simple alteration of all associated TCP/IP parameters, for example MTU, RWIN, and even advanced ones similar to QoS and ToS or Diffserv prioritization. The program works with all existing versions of Windows, and contains additional tools, for example testing standard latency above numerous hosts, and finding the major probable packet size.

You can make use of the Optimizer to effortlessly apply custom values, experiment with dissimilar settings, and study a bit extra regarding tweaking and TCP/IP in general. I powerfully suggest getting well-known with the settings, and learning what features of your connection they have an effect on primary. As well, a few of the program tabs can be used as a learning tool with no making any changes to the Windows Registry. The three radio keys at the underneath of the program demonstrate the pertinent present settings as set in the Windows Registry, the Optimizer not compulsory Optimal settings, or permit for Custom settings for the additional higher user to experiment with dissimilar values.

I just downloaded and beginning by means of TCP Optimizer. While I click on custom settings, I click apply, and restart while it prompts me to following making the change, how come it places the settings reverse to present settings, settings which were earlier than building the custom settings modify and what they were earlier than rebooting. How come it does not maintain the custom settings I choose behind rebooting?

Custom settings are, earlier than you alter them, indistinguishable to presented settings. So if you have clicked on save custom settings devoid of making them custom altering them subsequently they hang about the similar. I make use of optimal settings primary because they are what are suggested through their knowledge or experience. The merely thing of implication at that point that can be distorted or tested with is RWIN. MTU is most excellent at 1500 for cable which is windows default anyhow and what it was prior to you downloaded TCP optimizer.