Thread: IPad cisco VPN problem

IPad cisco VPN problem

VPNs are often used in organizations to communicate private information securely via a public network. You may need to configure a VPN to access, for example, your work email on iPhone or iPod touch. VPNs exchange data via a network connection Wi - Fi and cellular data . I have cisco VPN client for ipad, But not connect. Please help.

Re: IPad cisco VPN problem

There are plenty of applications in the App Store are not accessible to everyone because you can only use them in certain countries ( United States) . One such application is Pandora. Here's what you can do, if you want to use Pandora (and probably other applications as Vevo and Hulu ) outside the United States on your IPAD. So all you have to do is to configure a VPN server on your iPad.

Select Settings > General> Network > VPN then Add VPN Configuration. Ask your network administrator which settings to use. In most cases, if you have configured a VPN on your computer, you can use the same VPN settings for your device. I have created a VPN configuration , the option to enable or disable the VPN is displayed in the main Settings . When connected with a VPN, VPN icon appears in the status bar.

If you can not activate your VPN connection, or if the system displays the warning "Shared Secret is missing "( Shared Secret missing) , the settings of your VPN may be incorrect or incomplete. Contact your network administrator or your service computer for any question about the settings of the VPN shared secret or code .

Yes I tried. Cisco VPN to my workplace , to retrieve the mail (before I had gone through the web interface with the iPhone) . Well it works fine. I too stupidly copied the info from the Cisco VPN software on my mac, and it quickly connects to the VPN. A small icon appears in the top bar and I can recover my emails. Apple seems to have bragged a little too on this one = should be understood that the iPhone -iPod Touch can now connect to the Cisco VPN of some companies , but not all.

The VPN Client Software 3. 0 does not work with the new range of Cisco VPN concentrators. It is also shipped with the first model in this range , the VPN 3002, proposed from 7240 F ht ( Rs.1,103 ). But Cisco has promised to extend the management of this new client to its entire range of firewall and VPN concentrators . Filling a doubt delay the manufacturer vis- Ã*- vis its competitors , the VPN client 3. 0 is equipped with features for mass deployment . It is able to automatically download its configuration from the VPN concentrator.