Thread: DLNA Server Folder Structure

DLNA Server Folder Structure

I wan to know if Windows Media Player build in DLNA server needs video to be placed in specific folder structure ??? In my case i am having Sony BDP-S570, i can view folder structure shared shared but i cannot see the media. I have some VOB and WMV files in pen drive and i can play them by connecting it to Sony BDP-S570 but i am not able to play them through DLNA. Can i do anything about it???

Re: DLNA Server Folder Structure

It is known that the movie collection of user is stored on his/her network attached storage (NAS), which is a certified digital media server (DMS). If you wish to watch movies on your flat-panel TV and not in your computer's monitor screen, then you can use your DMP capable DLNA Certified TV for the same purpose. It searches the movies or other video files on your NAS and play it in your desired output i.e. TV. So it would be better if you check out whether the Network connection is proper and the files which you wish to play is saved in the format compatible with the DLNA certified TV. Also make sure that you have given proper NAC location so that DLNA will search for your files in the proper location