Thread: Desktop affected by malware

Desktop affected by malware

Hey there,

I have a serious problem regarding the desktop item. Two days before my computer was affected by the malware virus which was affecting my Computer process by slowing them down. But finally i have removed that with the AVG 9 successfully. But the problem is that my desktop is not appearing properly. At the starting of the window it appears for a second and after the it set to the invisible and again come back after some time. I know that my data is not lost because i can still access it through task manager. So help me with it.

Thanks in advance

Re: Desktop affected by malware

Do one thing log in with safe mode. For that you have to restart your computer and press the F8 button after the Intel screen and before the Windows logo screen. A window will appear with the lots of other option. Choose safe mode from the list. After the Windows start in the safe mode search the whole computer with the latest update of the Anti virus and if find any delete it, then try again the normal mode.

Bye

Hi buddy,

I am having the same problem regarding the desktop appearance but that was sorted out by this step which i am posting here to make that step helpful for you. I have tried the safe mode solution described by the above post but that didn't help me. After the log in in the safe mode it just frozen the task manager. I then shut down it forcefully and when i came back with restart every thin was working properly so i am sharing this with you so that you can also find the solution.

Say thanks if it works for you

Hi,

If all the above post is not working then i will suggest you to format the drive which contain OS and reinstall the OS. For that just insert OS CD and press a key after the Intel screen before the five dot will appear in front of the "Press any key" tag(.) then it will boot from the CD and ask you to install or repair the OS. You better choose the new installation which will clear all virus from the computer. After the completion of the installation use your fresh copy of the OS.

Thank you