Thread: Wireless Connection Won't Work

Wireless Connection Won't Work

I have created wireless network with 7 computer. My windows xp computer is one of them. I can't connect internet through linksys wireless router. All the computer in network can't communicate with each other. There is no problem with key. Does any one know why my wireless connection won't work properly?

Re: Wireless Connection Won't Work

If your wireless connection won't work properly then it may be a router fault. Borrow another router and check if that works. How about removing the wireless utility in Control Panel / Add and remove programs?What type of wireless security do you have turned on? You also need to ensure that wireless is configured for operation on your router.

Check this thread for more information :
    wireless connection won't resume after sleep
    Wireless connection stopped working
    Lost wireless network connection on laptop
    Wireless network connection drops
    Losing wireless connection to specific wireless network

Does computer operating system software see the wireless network you are trying to connect to? If its not connecting at all,reboot and go into you wireless settings. There should be an icon on your taskbar on the right of a computer with a red x. right click it and choose connect to wireless network. When a laptop won't connect to a wireless network, more often than not it's because the wireless adapter is switched off or disabled in software.

What wireless card is used? Note the manufacturer and the model number.What is the driver version for the card? Look in Device Manager or click Configure in the Properties dialog box of the wireless connection.Are the wireless settings configured by using Windows or by using a third-party program? If a third-party program is used, what is the program and its version number?

Check this microsoft guide wireless connection won't work properly : How to troubleshoot wireless network connections