Thread: How to open ports on my router

How to open ports on my router

I try to play Rainbow Six Vegas and I have a message unable to initialize the network. it's been days that I ubisoft kid and I was not helped a lot, they say it is a problem with internet provider!

Anyway, I know what you have to open ports but I do not know how. We have to open ports:
    TCP: 80, 3074
    UDP: between 3074 and 3174

How you have to enter it in the router config? My router is a D-Link WBR-2310.

I go into Application rules and I do not know whether to put commas, periods, dashes, etc ... What is bizzare is that before I played smoothly without ports, there is a Gaming mode option in advanced network and it has always worked and all my other games work. I managed to run my game by putting my pc in DMZ Host.

Thank you for your help.

Re: How to open ports on my router

everything is shown here:
    http://portforward.com/english/route...0/Echolink.htm

Put your pc in the DMZ is set without any protection of the router. It is very dangerous .......

You need at least one firewall on your pc or your router or you will receive an intruder in your pc.

I know that is put in dmz is no protection, but I have a firewall and I sail cautiously.

Thank you for the link, it is in full what I wanted, I did not know where to go for open ports.

dmz it works even worse when I open the correct ports, it does not. I did a little research on the forums and I think Rainbow Six Vegas 2 are problematic. Dmz Even yesterday, I was able to connect. ubisoft can not help me. the only help I could have it from someone who had the same prob. and has committed ... I not understand is the only games (Rainbow Six Vegas 1 and 2 that give me problems and this just recently. All other games work perfectly.

Did you look in the manual if there was something special to do?

ftp://ftp.dlink.com/Gateway/wbr2310_...manual_210.zip

You've probably already done, but look at the following links if you could not find the solution. With my Linksys, it's easy to open a port, it should also be made with the D-Link.

http://www.google.co.in/search?hl=en...G=Search&meta=

I do not know if it can help, but you will see.

You can activate your router UpnP To use the Universal Plug and Play (UPnP ™)
    feature click on Enabled. UPNP provides compatibility with networking equipment, software and peripherals.

You can install the latest patch for your game:
    http://patches.ubi.com/

You can also check if your pc is blocking ports with software like firewall or internet security.