Thread: need help in choosing AMd CPU/Mobo

need help in choosing AMd CPU/Mobo

i am baffled the two processors, the AMD Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition Deneb 3.2GHz 4 x 512KB L2 Cache 6MB L3 Cache Socket AM3 125W Quad-Core Processor HDZ955FBGMBOX and the AMD Phenom II X2 555 Black Edition Callisto 3.2GHz 2 x 512KB L2 Cache 6MB L3 Cache Socket AM3 80W Dual-Core Desktop Processor - C3 Revision HDZ555WFGMBOX. and also should i try to unlock the cores of a dual core or going for a quad core is better then that. and please be kind enough to post if there are any opportunities to get these even cheaper.

Re: need help in choosing AMd CPU/Mobo

if i were you i would prefer to go with i3 or i5 instead for a little more cash. The Intel Core™ i3-2100 Processor is right between the two which you are talking about when it comes to comparing the price, and the Intel® H67 Express Chip-set main board are also nearly the same price as a good am3 main board. here is a review that has the Intel Core™ i3-2100 Processor and the 955 main boards.

ddr2 is not supported by any am3 mainboards out there as per my knowledge. i think the am2+ mainboards would be better for ddr2 as they support it. there are many upgrades coming up the next month think you should wait for it and look up for all their bench marks and price. and it would really be better as the new am3+ main boards come out the price for the am3's would tremendously drop under 995. the am3+ main boards would provide better life for upgrades.

i thought i might get lucky and unlock others so i bought a dual core processor but unfortunately it did not work. so i am stuck with a dual core chip. now that you are so focused to purchase what you exactly want, just look up little more and decide on the number of cores you want to buy and get that. just be clear about what exactly you should get as it is the rule of the market now a days that even if it is just one month old it is too old.

you have to choose which is important for you the creed to unlock or the extra core . if you have tried your best go for a quad core intend of wasting your time on the dual core or else keep it as it is if you are happy with it,saving money is the only thing that's up in your mind and its not the creed to unlock. just go for a quad as i think you are just thinking to tag along with what ever you have.

hey i am in the same situation. but what is that amd 820 i have never heard of that an early Phenom II am3. still good for gaming. the L3 cache makes it better than the costly once for about the same price. the L3 cache gaming really makes a difference, but do everything else it doesn't really. when compared the athlon 2 x3 are much slower than the phenom 2 x2 for gaming so i recommend you to go for that.