Thread: Which AMD processor is most compatible with gaming ?

Which AMD processor is most compatible with gaming ?

I am very passionate about playing games. I have an old system with very less hard disk space and a Pentium 4 processor. The game which I like most is FIFA. Each year EA games launches a new version of FIFA. I have played FIFA 2010 at my friend's place, I want this game in my pc too . But with my current configuration I do not think I can do any justice to that beautiful game. So I have decided to change the configuration. I want to buy an AMD processor because I can't rely on Intel any more. I would request you to help me and provide some valuable suggestions.

Re: Which AMD processor is most compatible with gaming ?

I have two suggestions for you , either you should go for AMD Phenom II 965 BE x4 or Phenom II 1055T x6 , I think you should buy an an AMD phenom x4 it would be enough to match your requirements rather than spending much and buying Phenom x6. As you told that you want your system to be upgraded and you will be using it mostly for gaming purpose. But let me tell you the quality and the smoothness of the games not just only depends on the processor but on the graphic card as well, so please tell me that which graphic card you have bought or going to buy, so that I can guide you in a better manner.

I am very grateful to you to remind me about that, because I did not know that games rely on graphic card as well . I have a Nvidia GeForce 8800 graphic card installed in my system, I will tell you my whole system configuration which I am planning right now. I am going for chipset motherboard , 500 GB of Seagate internal HDD and 4GB of RAM manufactured by Kingston. The money constraint does not matter to me, I just want my system up and running with the games I want. Any suggestions will be appreciated if I have done something wrong.

If you think that you are really a game freak then you should go and buy AMD Phenom BE x4 processor. I do not know what others say but I think this processor is made for high end games. You said that you love playing FIFA , you should really buy a Phenom x4 and try playing in different camera angles and views, I bet you will not move from your pc chair for at least 4-5 hours. The speed of the processor is outstanding , so you can easily adjust the game speed according to your requirement. If you think you are really taking a leaf out of my suggestions then I do not think any other processor would fit in your needs other than Phenom x4.

If you are a lone user of your computer system and your system is mostly going to be used for playing games on it , then no doubt I will too suggest you to go and buy a Phenom -x4, because this processor is totally meant for gaming purpose. But if there are some other users and work on internet or official stuffs then you should better buy a Phenom x6 processor.
    But I think intel processor are not that bad in gaming, if you have have not configured your system yet I would like to suggest you on that,Here is my recommended list. Processor -i5 750 of 3.6Ghz , a CPU Cooler from Corsair H-50 4GB of RAM from Patriot and a BenQ 24” 1080p monitor.