Go Back   TechArena Community > Hardware > Motherboard Processor & RAM
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 28-10-2010

Slow boot on DG41RQ desktop board with Windows XP

I have upgraded my old motherboard to the new DG41RQ motherboard. This has 4GD DDR2 RAM. I am using two hard drive from which one is of 40 GB and other is of 160 GB. My 40 GB hard drive is a master hard drive and I have installed the Operating System on that. I have connected the hard drives to motherboard by using IDE cable for PATA device. I am using Intel Quad Processor.

The above configuration for the computer which I mentioned is not bad but then also it is having the performance issue with that. I found that the performance of the computer is very slow when I boot the system and also when I use any application. If you know that how can I increase the performance for my system then please let me know. Also if you have any idea that why this is happening then post it over here. I will be very thankful for all replies.
Old 28-10-2010

Processor is overheated.

This happens when the processor get heated more than the normal temperature. If your processor gets overheated then it may cause the problem like shut down shortly or slow boot etc. If you are getting such problems then you should check for the followings:
  • You should check that the processor is attached properly and running.
  • Make sure that you have applied the thermal interface material to processor properly.
  • Check for the power supply fan that whether it is running properly.
Old 28-10-2010

Re: Slow boot on DG41RQ desktop board with Windows XP

You should check for the memory module that that you have installed. If it is incompatible then this may also cause such problems. You should make sure that the memory that you installed is tested on your board. If you want to discover the tested memory list then you can click on this link. If you found that the memory is compatible then you can try to remove and reinstall the memory module. This will ensure that they are installed properly. I wish that it will help you to solve the problem.

Last edited by Balamani : 28-10-2010 at 09:50 AM.
Old 28-10-2010

Defective memory modules.

There are two possible reasons for this issue which I know. You should check for that.
  1. There are some desktop boards that need you to occupy the memory socket opening from the first socket. You should see to the product guide for the board that you are using and that must have any such requirements.
  2. If it sounds one or two beep while booting then it indicated that you have defective memory modules. To discover the memory module that is defective, you have to boot the system by having one module installed at a time.
Old 28-10-2010

Re: Slow boot on DG41RQ desktop board with Windows XP

You can test your computer speed with only 2GB of RAM if that does not disconnect all the hard drives and check whether it posts faster. In many of the cases like this I found that it solves the problem and makes the processing speed of the computer faster. I hope that this will solve the problem for you.

TechArena Community > Hardware > Motherboard Processor & RAM
Tags: , , , ,