Thread: CPU-Z readings for Intel Core 2 Duo E7200

CPU-Z readings for Intel Core 2 Duo E7200

I am new to this forum, so not have ideas about posting the queries. But I am sure that I have posted in right section. I am looking for more information about the Intel Core 2 Duo E7200. I have got bit information about this processor from Internet (and also this forum), but want some more knowledge about it. I just want some overview about BIOS and some readings done by CPU-Z. I was looking out for this information but found nothing after googling for long hours. So thought that posting here would be helpful. I am expecting some members will help me soon by providing some detailed information about it.

Re: Intel Core 2 Duo E7200

As usual, we throw by CPU-Z look at the new processor. Before, we had but with our Gigabyte motherboard BIOS update, since we without adjustment of the multiplier could not reach half the maximum, but normal clock frequency. After we had our BIOS of the Gigabyte X38 motherboard that is updated with the latest version "F6", was added a new setting that is in addition to all the multipliers can also specify half. From then ran our Core 2 Duo E7200 with the 2.53 GHz, which he is required to specification. A little mystery, however, was the set voltage. While we reported the BIOS that the processor runs at 1.2125 volts, are always displayed on Windows only 1.18 volts. In sleep mode, this is then reduced to 1.12 volts, the multiplier is, as with all Intel processors then typically "6". The L2 cache has been halved compared to a conventional Wolfdale processor from 6 to 3 MB. The missing 3 MB are on the chip does not exist, so that an activation is impossible through software. The following image shows a Wolfdale core with 6MB of L2 cache. The orange area, which occupies almost the entire left half of the processor, the L2 cache. In figures Wolfdale has a total of 410 million transistors, about 272 million are needed for the cache. This is organized in 24 ways to be recognized by the thick vertical lines. The Wolfdale Penryn with only 3 MB is a new processor design, on which points also used the M0 stepping. In the simplest sense, the conventional Penryn processor was cut off at the end. This will result in the "Penryn 3MB" has a total area of only 81 instead of 107 mm ² and decreases its number of transistors compared to a "Penryn 6MB" of 410 to 274 million. Instead of the 24 Ways the associativity of the L2 cache was reduced to 12 channels.

Re: CPU-Z readings for Intel Core 2 Duo E7200

To provide a fair and realistic comparison between the counterparties, all tests in a closed mid-tower with factory-fan assembly (one fan at the back inlet, one at the hard drive cage in the front, blowing) performed so well on thermal problems in Boliden to take notice. For this purpose, a "Cooler Master Stacker RC-832", which are of King Case was made available to. The housing allows use of up to nine 120mm fans, which include the two fans used in the delivery. No matter whether it's motherboard, memory, hard drive, peripherals, expansion cards, processor, network interfaces BIOS, Windows or DirectX is, SiSoft Sandra has extensive answers. For much of the hardware in the PC, there are also benchmark tests that can test the PC to its performance in comparison with some reference computers. All these values are almost purely theoretical and have little relation to practice, however, processors can compare well in their theoretical possibilities.

The image of the memory assessment, you can round out the program with Everest in version 4.20. This tool has some built-in benchmark functions and tools that utilize the computer completely and check for errors. You can use Everest next to the temperature measurement to reveal the storage benchmark and the cache data throughput. A little over two years after the introduction of the PCMark05, the Futuremark benchmark for assessing the performance of a computer in many different application scenarios is that the Finnish manufacturer PCMark07, PCMark Vantage called before. Once again, private companies and should be based on a compact program in a position to assess the performance of a computer based on a broad basis of tests as objective as possible. All details on the new benchmark represents our shipping PCMark Vantage ready. The biggest hurdle in the system requirements of PCMark Vantage is the operating system that performs as the benchmark version only on Windows Vista in service - one more reason to test our new system with Windows Vista to undergo a thorough examination.

I would like to discuss about the Video Coding. Although the Blu-ray Disc (BD) and High Density DVD (HD DVD) is already the successor to the DVD launched for upgrading, the dominant position of the DVD for the foreseeable future can not be broken. For this, not least the large installed base of DVD players and Recoder and ensure the start of the high price of the newcomers. The DVD is and will remain so for the time being the medium of choice, especially when it comes to the release of new films. Equally important is to duplicate it (not copy-protected) media for data backup. Since movies are usually on a DVD-9 (double layer) ships with a capacity of 8.5GB, they must be re-encoded to fit on a standard DVD-5 with 4.7 GB capacity. To succeed, the quality of this as an MPEG2 video will be reduced accordingly. Software to Shrink a DVD-Video benefited generally from multiple processor cores. In our test will be recalculated using Nero Recode main movie to a DVD. As this German audio tracks are 5.1 and 1.5 English adopted unchanged. The result is a regular in the DVD player playable version of menu. The specific program parameters Nero automatically sets. Nero Recode we have decided that since the implementation of processors with more than one core takes advantage of the widespread and current Nero 8 suite.

Since DivX 6.1 (code name helium) support for the popular videos MPEG-4/ASP-Codec and dual-core processors and achieved depending on the configuration to increase the encoding rate by more than 150 percent. The performance differences are more pronounced the higher the quality level is. In previous tests processor DV and MPEG2 video was encoded at different quality settings for DivX 6.1. The trend here too the results were the same. The were selected in DV, low-quality settings for audio and video encoding single-core processors to cut a little better. Because of the greater practical relevance are now only the results of the MPEG2 encoding published. For recent use DivX is 6.7, includes the experimental support for the SSE4 instruction set. Intel has just through these instructions in conjunction with DivX promised a big performance boost to users in the approaches is already apparent. At the point, however, depends much on the kind of attention. Intel has provided a small guide, the "optimal" settings for the best possible result, they have, thanks to settings such as "no sound" little relation to reality. Therefore, we use our traditional video and retain the previous settings. With the new processor, we test so even in the conventional SSE2 optimization, as currently supports every CPU, and in the new but still experimental SSE4 version. The first time with the AMD Phenom SSE4.1A introduced variant, which differs from Intel's SSE4 and is not compatible, is not supported currently. Therefore, it can be tested only in SSE2 mode. The newer Core 2 Duo E7200 supports itself as a budding € 100 processor, the new instructions, which causes a corresponding boost in DivX.