Thread: Sentia m3450 problems with powering up

Sentia m3450 problems with powering up

I have recently purchase Alienware Senita M3450 with me, Does anyone have an idea of where abouts I can obtain a piece for my Alienware Senita M3450? This the multifunction board that has the DC jack, the S video and the VGA jack. All three of these components are located on one small circuit board, that is easily found online but sold out everywhere. I was running Windows XP Home and then updated to XP Pro. Thanks

Re: Sentia m3450 problems with powering up

The only problem I ran into had nothing to do with Alienware. To test temperatures under load, I ran Orthos to load both cores up to 100% and waited for the temperatures to stabilize.When Alienware tried to finish verifying my credit card it brought me to my credit union's credit card verification site. For some reason my bank rejected my information when I filled out the form, and again, and then a third time.

I noticed some odd behavior I would have to attribute to throttling. The processor speed would drop from 2.16 GHz down to 450 MHz for each core, and I was told it would arrive Tuesday for sure because they guatantee 1-5 business days on Ground delivery and always meet their estimated delivery dates, then the temperature would drop from about 80C to 70C, and the CPU would spin back up to 2.16 GHz again until it triggered the thermal throttling again. Eventually, after enough stress testing, the laptop would shut it self off.

When the laptop was under load, I picked it up and ran my hand on the bottom side of the unit, They want me to cover shipping both ways, probably about 15 bucks each way. Then another 150 just for them to look at the machine, which does not include the price of the part. To see if one specific area was abnormally hot, but I found no such spot. Likewise, the top of the bottom case